Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 1075 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by NippleWrestler »

StratMatt wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:49 am
NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:22 am
StratMatt wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:20 am

Nah, cab was empty when I got it, I bought a new 16ohm greenie for it.
Did you pick that up from Justin over in Te Atatu?
Yep, that's him, nice bloke. Another former Tremoverb owner it turns out.
Yeah he's a legend with an impressive amp (and sneaker) collection.

I bought my Tremoverb from him, and I think he got it off you. It's been restored since then.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:00 am
NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:22 am

Did you pick that up from Justin over in Te Atatu?

I bought my Tremoverb from him, and I think he got it off you. It's been restored since then.
I did witness the wall of sneakers and amps. Makes me want another 4x12 Recto cab.

We figured out there was one extra owner between my time with it and when he got it. Cool amp, you've definitely done it justice.
Loving it so far

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NippleWrestler »

StratMatt wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:21 am

I did witness the wall of sneakers and amps. Makes me want another 4x12 Recto cab.

We figured out there was one extra owner between my time with it and when he got it. Cool amp, you've definitely done it justice.
Ahh yeah that's right. Maybe someone called Dave? I remember there were some big problems with the amp and the guy basically disappeared leaving Justin with a $500 repair bill to get it up and running. It's also the amp that Clarry misdiagnosed and made worse. The tremolo still doesn't work since he disconnected it. I asked him what he did to try and reverse it and he said he couldn't remember. Good times.

But, it got there in the end. I added a bias pot around the back to have some adjustability there. It's a beast of a thing man, it has such a good sound.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 1426 times

Post by robthemac »

NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:43 am

Ahh yeah that's right. Maybe someone called Dave? I remember there were some big problems with the amp and the guy basically disappeared leaving Justin with a $500 repair bill to get it up and running. It's also the amp that Clarry misdiagnosed and made worse. The tremolo still doesn't work since he disconnected it. I asked him what he did to try and reverse it and he said he couldn't remember. Good times.

But, it got there in the end. I added a bias pot around the back to have some adjustability there. It's a beast of a thing man, it has such a good sound.
Do you have the trem going these days, Tez?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NippleWrestler »

robthemac wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:56 am

Do you have the trem going these days, Tez?
I don't. It never mattered too much to me anyways but it'd be nice to have it just for the sake of having the knobs do something, although I'm not much of a trem user.

There was a time I looked into it but I didn't quite get schematics back then so I lived with it. Maybe I'll muster the energy and see if I can work it out one of these days.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

Yeah the name escapes me too. Was around 2016 when I moved it on. We had a baby on the way and I was never going to be able to crank it in the house :lol:

Justin said he managed to get half the repair cost back from the guy, so not a total balls up.
Loving it so far

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NippleWrestler »

Oh that's cool. Good on the guy. It was the Rockshop that fixed it in the end, turns out they're the licensed Mesa techs for NZ.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Post by hamo »

StratMatt wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:11 pm We had a baby on the way and I was never going to be able to crank it in the house :lol:
It's always tricky finding a moment alone once kids enter the picture...
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2495 times
Been liked: 2804 times

Post by Molly »

WellyBlues wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:40 am
Molly wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:35 am Loaded pickguard for my Strat project. 2x Ancho Poblano and a BK Irish Tour.

received_719977756128260.jpeg

received_1152183718995098.jpeg
When I saw Irish Tour I immediately thought Rory Gallagher but listening to their demo I think they were thinking Gary Moore.
I fitted a set once and did manage to convince myself it sounded quite like RG; like it wasn't just marketing hype.

I hate reading pickup descriptions. They're way too wordy and you feel like they're trying desperately to find a USP. With this set I just put out a FB request to see what was available locally. I almost didn't care as there's so little between them. I think the whole drop-in will look and sound good in my off-white, maple neck Strat.

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 371 times

Post by MiniForklift »

Have a 74-75 pre-serial number Greco EG800 Les Paul on the way soon

Also have this cool old flanger complete with original box and paperwork; picked one up for my Dad earlier this year and have been on the hunt since then for myself :)
Attachments
D4641637-8706-4470-9119-F5E3381CBCED.jpeg
D4641637-8706-4470-9119-F5E3381CBCED.jpeg (212.29 KiB) Viewed 1571 times
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2495 times
Been liked: 2804 times

Post by Molly »

MiniForklift wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:27 am Have a 74-75 pre-serial number Greco EG800 Les Paul on the way soon

Also have this cool old flanger complete with original box and paperwork; picked one up for my Dad earlier this year and have been on the hunt since then for myself :)
I recall getting a very convincing 'Follow You, Follow Me' Genesis intro tone via one of these. And some Hendrix weirdness with extreme 10, 0, 10 or possibly 0, 10, 0 settings.

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

StratMatt wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:49 am Boogie is in the house. I might have to re-think my cab situation.

My 2061x 2x12 has a Greenback and a Mesa V30, so my power handling is only about 50w, unless I'm mistaken. Just means I can only realistically run the V on its 45w setting.

Not a big deal, but might look at swapping the GB for a higher powered speaker or even the cab itself for a Recto cab.
Very nice amp and cab, would love to have those. But they're not a good match for each other eh.

I think if the greenback and the v30 are the same ohms they'll be dealing with the same wattage so your power handling will be limited to the greenback. Could be wrong here maybe you get greenback x2 power handling, but that still seems like a slim margin.

Potential solutions:
- A quad
- 2 black shadows
- 2 EVM12Ls

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1319 times
Been liked: 881 times

Post by MikeC »

JHorner wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:52 pm
StratMatt wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:49 am Boogie is in the house. I might have to re-think my cab situation.

My 2061x 2x12 has a Greenback and a Mesa V30, so my power handling is only about 50w, unless I'm mistaken. Just means I can only realistically run the V on its 45w setting.

Not a big deal, but might look at swapping the GB for a higher powered speaker or even the cab itself for a Recto cab.
Very nice amp and cab, would love to have those. But they're not a good match for each other eh.

I think if the greenback and the v30 are the same ohms they'll be dealing with the same wattage so your power handling will be limited to the greenback. Could be wrong here maybe you get greenback x2 power handling, but that still seems like a slim margin.

Potential solutions:
- A quad
- 2 black shadows
- 2 EVM12Ls
If Greenback & V30 are the same impedance, they will equally share the power pushed into them. The Greenback has a max of 25W RMS, so max power into the cab should be limited to 50W RMS (the Greenback at max 25W is the limiting factor, the V30 takes the other 25W).
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

JHorner wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:52 pm

Potential solutions:
- A quad
- 2 black shadows
- 2 EVM12Ls
Thanks, yes you're right. I would love to get another Recto quad ideally. I don't play out much, and when I do, I sure as hell ain't taking a quad.

I have a 70w speaker incoming. The V30 has 60w handling, so that x2 should give me 120w, enough to give me a bit of breathing room.

Aesthetically, the head is overhanging the cab a bit all the way around. But I can live with it.
Loving it so far

crowbgood1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 349 times
Been liked: 249 times

Post by crowbgood1 »

Roland TD-07. Facebook buy and sell and pick up tomorrow morning 😁

This will be fun!
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree.