Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1108 times
Been liked: 1424 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by robthemac »

TmcB wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:47 pm The world’s cheapest AC30
Was that the $481 one?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 656 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

NippleWrestler wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:05 pm Does it count as in the mail if I picked it up myself on a 7 hour round trip to Tauranga and back?

Got a 1988 Marshall 1960a with the white label T75s (my favourite speaker). It's beat to hell so you know it's good, and the car smells like a damp garage now, so you know it's doubly good. 80% of the screws are rusted and unusable, the tolex is hanging off, the grille cloth is ripped and theirs no logos anymore, but it sounds glorious.
White label T75s are fabulous.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 656 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Dibs when you've had enough of it.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 826 times
Been liked: 1315 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

robthemac wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:39 pm
Was that the $481 one?
Yep

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 561 times

Post by TmcB »

rickenbackerkid wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:23 pm
Dibs when you've had enough of it.
Seems like it needs some love but might just need tubes.
Will be poking it with a soldering iron and it’ll be singing by the time I’m through with it, and might be worth your time by then.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

NZTone.e
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by NZTone.e »

NippleWrestler wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:05 pm Does it count as in the mail if I picked it up myself on a 7 hour round trip to Tauranga and back?

Got a 1988 Marshall 1960a with the white label T75s (my favourite speaker). It's beat to hell so you know it's good, and the car smells like a damp garage now, so you know it's doubly good. 80% of the screws are rusted and unusable, the tolex is hanging off, the grille cloth is ripped and theirs no logos anymore, but it sounds glorious.

Ha funny, almost bought that but the Mrs wouldn’t have it in the lounge!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7744 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Post by jeremyb »

NZTone.e wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:22 am

What about having the cab in the lounge though?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

NZTone.e
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by NZTone.e »

jeremyb wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:05 am
NZTone.e wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:22 am

What about having the cab in the lounge though?

Angled front, handles on both sides, almost like something to lean over…didn’t think of that did she…

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Been on the waiting list so this morning got the email saying in stock and hit it
First venture into Artist and baritone
Attachments
17715.jpg
17715.jpg (8.1 KiB) Viewed 990 times
:mental:

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1316 times
Been liked: 875 times

Post by MikeC »

Olderama wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:27 am Been on the waiting list so this morning got the email saying in stock and hit it
Nice, an offset! I was recently schooled on the definition!!
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 201 times

Post by jhyang549 »

I've been on the fence on buying a Harley Benton Fusion model for a long time (due to the high shipping costs and pain involved if I need to return it).

But I wanted a guitar with a double-locking tremolo (and stainless steel frets) so I went ahead and ordered their Fusion 3 FR EB model.

Despite it being shipped from Germany (to USA then to Aussie then finally to NZ), I am very happy with the fact that it arrived almost completely set up. It was almost in tune as well! The only thing I had to do was just some slight intonation tweaks.

Weighs at a not-so-light 3.8KG but the strap I ordered for it really helps.

The Roswell HAF pickups sound fine to me. I thought I would need to replace them but I like them a lot.

There is a finish crack near the volume knob but it doesn't bother me. The specs I'm getting with this guitar at the price I've paid (including the high shipping fee) is still a lot for the money.

I totally expected to have Ramsay work his magic in terms of setup but I was very pleasantly surprised. Plays amazing for me now.

Now I can do crazy whammy stuff without having to retune afterwards! Very happy with the guitar.
Attachments
20240223_151925.jpg
20240223_151925.jpg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 917 times

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Weber Mini Mass attenuator. I have two non-MV amps that sound great with a bit of heat in the tubes. Be interested to see if it sounds any different to the BrakeLite clone I have currently.

Also have a second mechanical keyboard incoming. Need something small and wireless to take in my backpack. Limited colour options so went with the goofy option. https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/shop/p ... ink-switch

Lots going out. Three pedals. Effects switcher. Old mechanical keyboard. Busy week.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 561 times

Post by TmcB »

robthemac wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:22 am Weber Mini Mass attenuator. I have two non-MV amps that sound great with a bit of heat in the tubes. Be interested to see if it sounds any different to the BrakeLite clone I have currently.

Also have a second mechanical keyboard incoming. Need something small and wireless to take in my backpack. Limited colour options so went with the goofy option. https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/shop/p ... ink-switch

Lots going out. Three pedals. Effects switcher. Old mechanical keyboard. Busy week.
25w? Was watching that but really need the 50w
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

TmcB wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:07 pm
robthemac wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:22 am Weber Mini Mass attenuator. I have two non-MV amps that sound great with a bit of heat in the tubes. Be interested to see if it sounds any different to the BrakeLite clone I have currently.

25w? Was watching that but really need the 50w
Yeah, I have 18W and 22W amps that I'm using with it so should be ok. I know they're probably putting out more power than they say on the tin, but looks like the Mass Mini has been used with these power levels before without issue.

And at $120 was hard to say no.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Olderama wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:27 am Been on the waiting list so this morning got the email saying in stock and hit it
Bloody hell it's arrived already 😳
Plays nicely and feels very comfortable

Nice one Artist
:mental: