Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 201 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by jhyang549 »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:36 pm
jhyang549 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:04 pm
jeremyb wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:43 am A bonkers weird chinese harmonizer kinda pedal, and another Artist guitar :lol:
Wait, you bought another Artist guitar? In addition to the black one?
Yeah it’ll be number 3 :lol: has a couple of extra strings though…
You got the 8 string guitar? I remember somebody listed an Indominus8 on Facebook marketplace for two hand shandy

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

jhyang549 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:53 pm
jeremyb wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:36 pm
jhyang549 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:04 pm

Wait, you bought another Artist guitar? In addition to the black one?
Yeah it’ll be number 3 :lol: has a couple of extra strings though…
You got the 8 string guitar? I remember somebody listed an Indominus8 on Facebook marketplace for two hand shandy
Yarrr, that was listed shortly after I ordered :rofl: had a Stef Carpenter 8 string back in the day and am feeling the low tunings currently! The other artist I bought I’ve got in B standard currently, upgraded pickups, bridge, and shortly tuners, has great bones though for a budget guitar!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 201 times

Post by jhyang549 »

New synth day.

I wasn't planning to get it but somebody listed this in mint condition at a really good price (that I couldn't refuse).

This is an Elektron Digitone, which is a groovebox focused on FM synthesis. FM synthesizers have a reputation of being hard to program (but very versatile in creating different timbres) but Elektron has somehow made it intuitive and fun. It features the awesome Elektron sequencer that allows you to swap parameters per step as well as allowing random chance and conditions for each step to trigger.

This will replace my PreenFM2 which is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Here's a demo from a master in programming and performing with one Digitone (all audio is coming from the Digitone, with a bit of saturation and compression added in post using the plugins Phoenix and Maximus respectively. Everything was recorded in one take, no overdubbing).

Attachments
325108275_8608823712525755_884335813192721389_n.jpg
325108275_8608823712525755_884335813192721389_n.jpg (383.17 KiB) Viewed 2524 times

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

jhyang549 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:55 am New synth day.

I wasn't planning to get it but somebody listed this in mint condition at a really good price (that I couldn't refuse).

This is an Elektron Digitone, which is a groovebox focused on FM synthesis. FM synthesizers have a reputation of being hard to program (but very versatile in creating different timbres) but Elektron has somehow made it intuitive and fun. It features the awesome Elektron sequencer that allows you to swap parameters per step as well as allowing random chance and conditions for each step to trigger.

This will replace my PreenFM2 which is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Here's a demo from a master in programming and performing with one Digitone (all audio is coming from the Digitone, with a bit of saturation and compression added in post using the plugins Phoenix and Maximus respectively. Everything was recorded in one take, no overdubbing).

E P I C ! ! !
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bigdaddy
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Bigdaddy »

Hopefully, doesn't take too long to arrive from Greece.

"Have tone issues with all the options available today? practice more...." -John Suhr

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Joyo Bantamp Jackman II amp head - JCM800 hybrid amp, 12AX7 preamp -> solid state poweramp, 2 channels, woop woop!

Also a Flamma Ekoverb, this might interest you Slowy, one of the modes has a reverse delay and swell reverb and it has tap tempo and a hold function like the freeze... you can also turn down the level of the reverb or delay so its not in use, me likey!

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 837 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

jeremyb wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:10 pm Joyo Bantamp Jackman II amp head - JCM800 hybrid amp, 12AX7 preamp -> solid state poweramp, 2 channels, woop woop!
JCM800 hybrid amp! That’s great marketing. Imagine if Marshall had gone with that instead of Valvestate?!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

jimi wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:01 am
jeremyb wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:10 pm Joyo Bantamp Jackman II amp head - JCM800 hybrid amp, 12AX7 preamp -> solid state poweramp, 2 channels, woop woop!
JCM800 hybrid amp! That’s great marketing. Imagine if Marshall had gone with that instead of Valvestate?!
:lol: yeah, I think every Prius should come with a hybrid amp preinstalled too, then you could keep a guitar in the car for traffic jams!

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 837 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

jeremyb wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:04 am
jimi wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:01 am
:lol: yeah, I think every Prius should come with a hybrid amp preinstalled too, then you could keep a guitar in the car for traffic jams!
Ba dum tisssh!

Dad Joke thread wants it’s post back

mule
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 518 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by mule »

Umm'd and ahh'd about this for a few days but as per the GAS thread I convinced myself I need an Elektron Model:Cycles. Gonna make some beeps and boops!

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Post by Reg18 »

Someone just offered me a trade for a Friedman BE Mini head, decided to take it. It’s probably completely useless to me and mostly a toy but looks like some fun!

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

Aaah feck, I have avoided most GAS for over a year but that Rockshop sale got me, those Blackstar amps were just too tempting, on it's way to me

https://www.rockshop.co.nz/blackstar-st ... alve-combo

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

k1w1 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:24 pm Aaah feck, I have avoided most GAS for over a year but that Rockshop sale got me, those Blackstar amps were just too tempting, on it's way to me

https://www.rockshop.co.nz/blackstar-st ... alve-combo
Excellent choice!! If I didn’t already have 4 amps I’d grab one too!!

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

Yeah that is the problem, I have 4 amps already, my main one has been Mike C's 5E3 which has been my only amp played for the last 4 years, absolutely love it. My Valco and Harmony are gathering dust. Might have to sell the MPC 5 watt.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

Sold a bass 15 yes ago and it had massive sentimental value. Sold it for family bills and stuff. Got it back today. Good feels
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius