TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Check out this Dreamer

Post by TMG 03 »

10,000 for a 1970 les paul Deluxe ? Whatever

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instrume ... 909995.htm
Last edited by TMG 03 on Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaloS
Stagg
Stagg

Post by MaloS »

link did not work...

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

try it now and see if that works ?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3933 times

Post by Bg »

works ok now... the guy is taking the piss.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

angry_young_poet
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by angry_young_poet »

does the serial # date it as a 60/70s LP?

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

Les Paul Deluxe first came out in 74. The make them ever 4 years. THey are the Norlin LP, which in Les Paul terms are kind of like the years not to have due to the pancake bodies and extra weight.
They go for $1200-$1900 on ebay. on a good day. I think 10k is a bit on the dream land price side.

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Used to be popular in the late 70's I recall - seen about 4/5 in my travels back then including the guy who was doing the backing for 'Jesus Christ Superstar' when it hit Christchurch.

They seem to me to be the old style P90 equipped LP bodies adapted for the mini humbuckers and it was allways an earlier ambition of mine to get one, whip out the mini humbuckers and put P90's in it. However think I'll settle instead for an epiphone knockoff given the prices now.
You can't do THAT on stage!

philipnz
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by philipnz »

This guy has a 2000 SG that's only 18 months old? I've lost a couple of years evidently.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instrume ... 163382.htm
Never put down to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

No Phil it's the strangely distorted continuum of time that affects items in cycberspace - especially on the trademe auction site. Vintage has the well known alternative meaning of 'older than last week' there plus 'collectible' is an epithet allways put after any guitar also more than a week old.

Bit like the well-known description 'exactly like the photo except it's . . . ' (older/different colour/stuffed or just plain worthless - choose any of the foregoing).

Then there is the uprorious favourite disclaimer 'don't know anything about it as I'm selling it for a mate/inherited it from a dear rel etc.' (implication being I'm a mug so you're getting a bargain) when 5 lines down in the questions you see 'no it's definately not a 300 mark 5 but a 300 mark 6 with coil splitting switches and burstbucker 60's''.

Anyway the extra couple of missing years on the SG 2000 will now probably make it 'rare' and 'retro'.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3933 times

Post by Bg »

rare usually means that you can't pick one up from Cash Convertors or the 2 Dollar shop
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

stewbaby
Stagg
Stagg

Post by stewbaby »

bluesgeek wrote:rare usually means that you can't pick one up from Cash Convertors or the 2 Dollar shop
I thought rare meant that only 7 were made 'cos they were such crap! Another interpretation is that rare means they are so old that most of them have been eaten away by borer, I don't kmow how this one survived, but I'm sure your grandfather knew someone who threw one away once.

Collectible means made in NZ in the 70's as a copy of an overseas guitar seen on the Woodstock movie (you know... diplomat, marinucci, etc.)

I may, of course, be wrong. It has happened before (once or twice ;^)
Stewbaby

All your guitars are belong to us!

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Nah you're both wrong 'rare' really refers to the colour as in light pink (such as a 'rare steak'). That's why SG's are allways 'rare' apart from the walnut ones which are 'rare and faded'. So the white ones are all fakes of course!!

As for 'collectible' - it's really a chinese word in origin 'kow-look-tai-bloon' meaning 'made in Hong Kong sucker'.

philipnz
PRS
PRS

Post by philipnz »

Am I missing something here?
$4000 for a machine gun shaped HONDO?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instrume ... 515870.htm
Never put down to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity

philipnz
PRS
PRS

Post by philipnz »

AND the White Falcon is back. And for a new high price. $8890, its the reverse Dutch Auction of Trade Me. Each time it passes in without a bid, he puts the price up
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instrume ... 514978.htm

Who would pay $9000 for a Japanese mass produced archtop?

Bluesbird
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Bluesbird »

B45-12 wrote: Bit like the well-known description 'exactly like the photo except it's . . . ' (older/different colour/stuffed or just plain worthless - choose any of the foregoing).
Check out this one for an example, featuring a photo of some cheap Cort guitar: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instrume ... 310355.htm
"The guitar in the picure looks close to the one i am selling. The difference is that my one is alot better looking, resembles that of a stratocaster, and looks quite like an ASHTON(ag132)."
"Under the monsters claws and in between his teeth
Was the shadow and a silhouette of what I thought I’d be
I don’t mind falling down and scraping up my knees
Scars and Stitches always fade and only strengthen me."
- Guster