Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3933 times

Anybody else tried the demo of 'Guitar Rig'

Post by Bg »

from Native Instruments?

had a quick play last night, it sounds pretty good, I just need to sort out a few issues then I might even be selling the POD.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Never even heard of it, mate.

Wassitdothen?
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

http://www.native-instruments.com/index ... itarrig_us

Looks very tasty 8) Gonna download it and give it a go tonight :D

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

*cough* I might have a better 'evaluation' version... I'll let you know if it works ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

bluesgeek wrote:*cough* I might have a better 'evaluation' version... I'll let you know if it works ;)
:wink: 'nuff said

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

it works... took me a while to set up the right ASIO driver (just bought an Audigy 2 last week, not set it up for cubase or anything yet either!)

Its actually pretty fackin' amazing! Dunno whether it will replace my POD, having said which I wouldn't use my POD live anyway so it might be going the journey!

I wish they hadn't emulated the background noise though - got to find a virtual noise gate now ;)

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

DrRog wrote:Never even heard of it, mate.

Wassitdothen?
its a bit like a software version of the POD, only with lots of nice amps and effects you can make a virtual rig out of. Should be mind blowing for recording! Has had some pretty excellent reviews, including some from session guitarists who have A/B'd with the actual amps.

Will try and get some soundclips sorted out later to give you a flavour.

Works well on my PC - Pentium 4 1.4 Gig with Audigy 2

(oh its got Bass settings too....)

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

Holy crap in a hat! :shock:

I've just been having a play round with the demo. This might be the coolest piece of guitar software I have ever tried. The sounds are just amazing. And there's more than enough options to wave a large amount of sticks at 8)

Dave

Post by Dave »

I have yet to figure out how to work it? I installed it and everything, but I don't get how it 'works'.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

theres a lot in it.... but it should be ready to go pretty much out of the box. I had a piss around getting my soundcard drivers to work but apart from that it works well. My pc is no longer 'cutting edge' either but I got the lag down to 7ms so I don't even feel it.

If you plug your gat in, you should see the input meter move, if not you need to set up the sound card driver - needs to be ASIO driver to be useable.

Dave

Post by Dave »

I can't plug my guitar into my soundcard though?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

ah you need a lead then that goes from the big jack on your gat to the small jack on your soundcard - or an adapter. DSE or similar will sell these...

Dave

Post by Dave »

I've got one of those somewhere, I'll go dig it out. Cheers.

gregtarr
I am Marshall, hear me roar!

Post by gregtarr »

BG, with the full version (or "full" version, anyway) do you actually get more amps and effects, or are you limited the the ones that it comes with?
And I stuppose that it's a bit limited without the pedal board.
I showed the computer people in my hall (who always go on to me about valve sound cards) and they asked when I was getting rid of my JCM 900, and continued, saying that I could get a rackmount computer, instead of an amp, etc.
"I told you, pedals sound twice as good when they're stacked on top of other pedals" - Mike Einziger

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Currently theres just the three amp models, though they are supposed to be releasing upgrades shortly which will give another model. I guess thats the best thing about software....

I don't think I'd ever have the balls to try this in a 'live' situation but I think its great for practicing and recording :)