robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

The guitar you regret selling the most

Post by robnobcorncob »

Surely a few of us have guitars that we've sold for whatever reason and regretted it later.

I had a mid '90s Ibanez Artstar series (Precursor to the Artcore line) AS80 guitar (ES-335 style) in natural that I sold for a loss a few years ago to someone in Dunedin (if the owner reads this and wants to sell it back to me let me know) what a great guitar it was.

SixGunLover
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: The guitar you regret selling the most

Post by SixGunLover »

A 2005 Tokai MIJ LS150 '59 sunburst Les Paul replica, which I later put Bare Knuckle Rebel Yells in.

I sold it, eventually missed it so much I hunted it down and bought it back (the guy I'd sold it to had really neglected it, sadly, and it wasn't in great shape), then later in a moment of poverty had to sell it again. I still miss it today.

Once I sell my Korina Radian Tele, that might give the Les Paul a run for it's money, but I don't have a choice.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

My tobaccoburst LP Classic.

Charvel San Dimas I.

Surprisingly not much else that I really miss, considering how many have passed through my hands. But I think it also reflects how my tastes have changed as well.
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

The guitar you regret selling the most

Post by Tsuken »

I don't think I've ever sold one ...

I chucked a Samick in a rubbish skip once.
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

I had an ibanez artist (looked exactly like an ar 500....even might have been one) I got for $300 in about 1988 sold it to metro music for $400 and they sold it in their shop for $850 all in the space of 4 months. Would love to have a play on it now.

Also miss my RG760....but i'm not sure why....I think after playing tonemakers S series a few week ago I got a little gas :D
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 747 times
Been liked: 516 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Looking back I don't really regret selling anything. Sometimes I might think 'hmmm, maybe I should have kept that' but then I remember the reason why I sold or how much I got for it and feel content with my decisions.

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 253 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

Hmm, got a few...

- 70's Ibanez Strat copy with the big 70's headstock
- '83 Ibanez Roadster Deluxe
- Vester 335 copy (better than any Epiphone I ever played)
- '82 Gibson Flying V
- Yamaha APX 500 elec/acoustic
- Japanese Jazzmaster

Mostly the Strat and the Roadster I miss, because I currently don't own a strat-like guitar :(
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 850 times
Been liked: 361 times

Post by jimi »

Maybe I havent had enough nice guitars.... I don't regret selling anything really.

My CIJ Jaguar was sexy as hell and looked great sitting on a guitar stand. Didn't really enjoy playing it though. Had a nice Epi 335 too, but its not like it would be hard to replace, and was eventually replaced by a Yamaha SA50.

Thought I'd regret selling my Ampeg SVT810 cab, but the 4x10 Ampeg cheapo cab I replaced it with has been loud enough for everything I've needed it for.

I imagine I'd regret it if I sold some of the guitars I have now, but thats pretty easy to prevent.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3933 times

Post by Bg »

I miss selling a couple of strats. One was the Classic Floyd Rose which was awesome and a Sunburst I got from Basket Case a year or two ago. They were both great players. Oh and the kauri bodied strat because that felt so warm and lively - hardtailed too.

The radian makes up for them though, its a joy to play and I'm loving the fat neck. I badly need a Lester with a 50's neck now :eek:
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1026 times
Been liked: 2513 times

Post by Slowy »

A 1950's Brazilian Rosewood Martin D28. At the time, selling it was a good option and I made a massive profit, but there's stuff all chance I'll ever see another.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1026 times
Been liked: 2513 times

Post by Slowy »

BG wrote:I miss selling a couple of strats. One was the Classic Floyd Rose which was awesome and a Sunburst I got from Basket Case a year or two ago. They were both great players. Oh and the kauri bodied strat because that felt so warm and lively - hardtailed too.

The radian makes up for them though, its a joy to play and I'm loving the fat neck. I badly need a Lester with a 50's neck now :eek:

Isn't it time to update your avatar? :wink:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

slowfingers wrote:
BG wrote:I miss selling a couple of strats. One was the Classic Floyd Rose which was awesome and a Sunburst I got from Basket Case a year or two ago. They were both great players. Oh and the kauri bodied strat because that felt so warm and lively - hardtailed too.

Isn't it time to update your avatar? :wink:
It is, been thinking of it for awhile but I've not decided what to bang in there - I must have too much gear :eek:
Two jobs to do which could go on there - new head cab for my 36 watt Marshall - the Bombardier. And a new pine cab for my Mesa 22. Both should be worthy for the avatar ;)

No tele on there though :P
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

Still this one, my 1988 57 reissue Strat (USA), more for the sentimental value than anything else. It was my first Strat and I'd had it for a long time. It's the only guitar I regret selling really, I don't miss any of the other ones I've sold. A guitar can be replaced but nothing can replicate the history and natural relic'ing this guitar had. Every other Strat just seems like generic blandness in comparisson. The neck was stamped by John Cruz, who is now a Fender Master Builder.

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

Pretty sure the '88 Strat I had was stamped by Cruz as well...twas a great thing. 1988 was the year for great Strats I reckon.
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Vorbis wrote:Pretty sure the '88 Strat I had was stamped by Cruz as well...twas a great thing. 1988 was the year for great Strats I reckon.
Must have been one good year in the eighties, law of averages. Every year from 80 till 88 was certainly shit.