Still trying to sell my Epiphone Les Paul Std!!

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

philth
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Still trying to sell my Epiphone Les Paul Std!!

Post by philth »

Hi all

I'm having a hell of a time trying to sell my Epiphone Les Paul STd. I had it reach reserve, only to have a nightmare on trade me with the bidder. Have a look guys: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instrume ... 980425.htm
This axe is in perfect cond. I'm selling either to save the cash for a move to the UK, or to import a schecter, can't decide yet! If you're a Wellington local, you're more than welcome to play it through my Marshall (where these guitars sound their best). I'm looking for $900 with the heavy duty case in there as well.

Thanks for lookin'

philth

angry_young_poet
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by angry_young_poet »

can the case only fit a les paul? i'd be interested if it would fit a PRS..

philth

Post by philth »

No, the case will fit most electrics I guess, but I'd like to sell both together, which I hope you meant anyway!

Cheers mate

angry_young_poet
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by angry_young_poet »

PM me your # dude..

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Still trying to sell my Epiphone Les Paul Std!!

Post by ash »

philth wrote:I'm selling either to save the cash for a move to the UK, or to import a schecter, can't decide yet!
Which model are you looking for? I looked through the Schecter stock at the Musicworks warehouse today. They are bringing them in 24 at a time for the Takapuna store. There are a buttload of catalogues there too, so you might be able to request one through Welly MW.

To be honest though, unless you're looking for one of the primo USA made ones, I couldn't recommend the Schecters I looked at today (C-1s) to anyone. Sure it had brand names like Tonepros, Grover and Duncan all over it, but the guitar under all that was pretty lame.

The fretwork in particular was abominable. Plenty shiny, but there had been no attempt to dress the frets to shape. They looked like they had 10 years of hard use, they were so flattened.

The serial number, labelling and packaging suggests they're made in the Samick factory alongside Epiphones, and the Samick shows... literally and figuratively!

See if you can find an example locally to try out before you import one yourself... Or get a USA model.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

philth

Post by philth »

Thanks for that Ash. I'm thinking maybe the C-1 Blackjack model. You wouldn't be able to post up the contact details of the store in Takapuna would you? Perhaps they have that model. In fact if they had the same guitar at the same ballpark price I'd rather buy through them.
Thanks for your help.

p.s. anyone interested in my Epiphone, drop me an email at phil.mayo@xtra.co.nz, or txt etc on 021 620 837

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by ash »

I just went through the boxes and found 5 C1 Blackjacks, and I'm pleased to announce that they are really a cut above the other Schecters. I guess that's because they are "Diamond Series", which sounds all pretty fancy and good. All the hardware and the switch is the good stuff. Only the pots are standard Korean fare. So, assuming the price is fair I'd say that model is a good one.

The prices aren't set yet, but I'd say they're in the $1500 - $2000 league in terms of value. Actual price is of course an entirely different animal in reality. Apparently they are readily available through MW Wellington, so I recommend you go in there and demand they get one in for you to try out.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

philth

Post by philth »

Man! Thanks! That's awesome. You obviously work/own/run a music store? I reckon I can get this model (with case) including shipping, GST etc in the country for around $1000 from Music123.com
If I was to haggle the folks at music works Wellington, do you think they'd try and come close?

Cheers

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by ash »

I do the inspections, parts warranty and repairs for MW as part of my luthiery business.

$1000 is a pretty awesome price, so I think MW would struggle to match it, but I'm sure Daniel will be willing to make an effort to get your business if he knows you can get one overseas at that price. You'll pay at least a little more for the privelige of trying it out first, getting it locally and having full warranty coverage, which is worth it if the price difference isn't too much. Call Daniel at the store and ask him what kind of bargain he can offer you.

philth

Post by philth »

Thanks man, I'll do just that!

philth

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

Arn't Most Schecters are made is Korea.

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by ash »

Yes, they mostly are, but like most of the US originated brands, they have a US Customshop that spits out all the guitars the endorsees actually use and the odd special for the great unwashed public at stupid prices. There are lots of older Schecters still around from a few years ago when they were all US made.

philth

Post by philth »

Hey Ash I just had a chat with Daniel from Musicworks Wellington, and he said he'll try and get one down for me. He took my details so I can go and have a jam when it comes in the shop.
Thanks for your help, I owe you a beer old son!