Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

TmcB
I may have a problem
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 661 times
Been liked: 566 times

NPD: Mooer Cruncher

Post by TmcB »

I couldn't resist the tiny price or form factor so I decided to get myself a Mooer Cruncher.

This is the Crunchbox circuit cut down to a tiny size.
I popped the back off and had a wee looked, and yes, all the right components although tiny are all in the right places. The only thing missing is the presence control, which is a shame because I think it's rather necessary, because just like the crunchbox it can be a little dark. Winding the tone all the way up remedies this though I wouldn't mind a little mooer (HA! see what I did there, ay?) bite in the high end.

What does it sound like? Just like a crunchbox, like JCM800 wound up and pissed off. Tight low end, and a great midrange that doesn't get shrill or too resonant. It certainly brought out a little shred from me, and it made all my lead work sound a billion times better.

Just like the crunchbox, it's a one trick pony and thus can't be guaranteed to stick around forever but I paid $50 so I'm not complaining.

It sounds great and the form factor is quite a draw card. I'm very tempted to drop some coin on their Triangle Buff Big Muff clone but I probably don't need more fuzzes.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz