Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3510 times
Been liked: 1096 times

Re: Pedals Of Epicness

Post by codedog »

clubhouse wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:13 am For blokes :thumbup:

...and the Burr Brown op amp is a real thing. I've heard BB equiped DACs in a monitoring environment and they certainly have a sound...very smooth and clean. Also have/had (on permanent loan) the T-Rex Replica (V1) clone of the TC Electronics black delay box that has BB ops and it sounds waaayy nice...a soft sort of clean, especially on the 'brown' (tape sim) setting.
I saw that the other day. I couldn't believe it was gooped! Also, a nice mention of kiwi ingenuity there... the Pepers Pedals product!

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

codedog wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:23 am

...and the Burr Brown op amp is a real thing. I've heard BB equiped DACs in a monitoring environment and they certainly have a sound...very smooth and clean. Also have/had (on permanent loan) the T-Rex Replica (V1) clone of the TC Electronics black delay box that has BB ops and it sounds waaayy nice...a soft sort of clean, especially on the 'brown' (tape sim) setting.
I saw that the other day. I couldn't believe it was gooped! Also, a nice mention of kiwi ingenuity there... the Pepers Pedals product!
Yeah...cool,eh! Or, hot, eh! (oblique Pepper(s) reference ( :roll: )) Um...goop...apparently glue-gun glue goop does not have the desired sonic properties :lol: :lol: :lol:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7840 times
Been liked: 4228 times

Post by jeremyb »

Gooped to slow down people figuring out it was just a timmy with a different EQ control ;-)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:30 am
Gooped to slow down people figuring out it was just a timmy with a different EQ control ;-)
Doesn't everything seem to be a tweaked variant of either a Screamer, Breaker or Timmy these days...tweakers and goopers, man, tweakers and goopers :wink:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

clubhouse wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:40 am
Doesn't everything seem to be a tweaked variant of either a Screamer, Breaker or Timmy these days...tweakers and goopers, man, tweakers and goopers :wink:
:lol: but lets not forget the Hotcake, the Klons and the FET based ODs! I think that pretty much covers it all, everything else is a variation on a theme really....
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 644 times
Been liked: 810 times

Post by hamo »

They have to watch out using goop, Gwyneth will sue them.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by H671 »

That guy from the Kinks (Ray Davies I think) had the best idea for distortion - slash the speakers - no batteries or goop required! And no tone suck.
Epiphone Riviera P93 & EJ200CE, Hagstrom Viking Bass, Doubleneck bass/guitar.
Rivera Clubster 45, Carvin AG100D, Ashton BSK158.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Love me some binson action!

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

clubhouse wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:40 am
There's only a (very) limited number of ways you can make gain and shape tone in a pedal and there's very little new under the sun in the analog pedal world, as no matter what you're designing it's probably been done somewhere.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Sellers regret….
Attachments
IMG_3722.jpeg
IMG_3722.jpeg (703.65 KiB) Viewed 20986 times

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3930 times

Post by Bg »

H671 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:48 am That guy from the Kinks (Ray Davies I think) had the best idea for distortion - slash the speakers - no batteries or goop required! And no tone suck.
sadly no clean either.... hey dual amps with ab pedal.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:57 am
I've got very limited stock. When they're gone, that's it.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Picked one of these up today, looking forward to giving it a try!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1026 times
Been liked: 2513 times

Post by Slowy »

NippleWrestler wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:58 am

There's only a (very) limited number of ways you can make gain and shape tone in a pedal and there's very little new under the sun in the analog pedal world, as no matter what you're designing it's probably been done somewhere.
The best OD pedal I've found for my Princeton is the Nobels ODR. Love it.
Only took 2 minutes this morning to get exactly the same sound out of the Timmy.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.