Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

MakoGat
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 115 times

Effects issue

Post by MakoGat »

Just completed the mother of all pedalboards however I have a slight issue thats bugging me.

Its all through Gigrig G2, all loops are set up and working except for loop 1, an MXR Mirco amp (9V 3ma) into a Dunlop GCB95 Wah (9V 1ma) Powered via double daisy chain out of a Strymon Zuma.
With no loops selected and at decent volume, click in loop 1 and volume drops to a quarter volume, barely audible.
You can hear wah working and the rotary knob on the MXR is working also but still not at full volume.
Ive pulled it apart, double checked input/output cables with multi meter and correct routing, no batteries lurking in either, replaced daisy lead - have I missed something?

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Re: Effects issue

Post by AiRdAd »

how about if you run another pedal in the loop? Just to test whether it's the gigrig at fault?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

Gigrig has a pre and post boost built in it, thus helps increase vintage effects that need a volume boost to be at unity like an electric mistress’s. Please pm me if you ever sell the g2 I’ve wanted to upgrade my pro 14 for awhile.

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by SimonHirst »

Yeah, I’d try loop 1 using a pedal that works fine in another loop, including it’s patch cables. Just to eliminate that first. But it sounds likely it could be what Voxshall has said about the pre/post gain settings.

MakoGat
Squier

Post by MakoGat »

As this board is in its completed, assembled state, and let me tell you its really packed in, removing two things means removing many things - im going to remove the MXR and the wah and test as a loop in my amp first.

MakoGat
Squier

Post by MakoGat »

That worked fine, going to pack it all back in and adjust boost settings on G2

MakoGat
Squier

Post by MakoGat »

Yup, that worked, moved post gain to loop 1, everything in unity now, thanks guys.

MakoGat
Squier

Post by MakoGat »

Turns out theres something more to this issue, tried using the wah loop yesterday and it was very quiet again, frustratingly shaking the wah made it loud then cut in and out again, its definitely not any of the cables. Ive had this since late last year while collecting items for the board and never used it until now and with the lockdown I cant return it to the store.
So ive cracked it open and theres a gizzmo on the circuit board thats loose, however the solder is on the opposite side so Im going to take out the screws and flip it over to see how difficult its going to be to re solder, any tips from pedal builders here?

MakoGat
Squier

Post by MakoGat »

Yup, Fasel has both terminals broken on the board and is flopping around, and there is some kinda short with the wiring either from the switch, the wah pot or the connector block from these to the board.
Im getting good strong signal now but no wah sound, im about ready to throw this thing in the rubbish!