Post by rickenbackerkid »

11 Rack on the way. should be a decent home jamming/recording rig

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Re: Simple, affordable amp modelling - that sounds good

Post by jeremyb »

Got myself a Mooer Radar today, going to run my pedalboard into it for headphone practice, will be interested to see how it sounds, if it’s not up to scratch I’ll get one of their preamp pedals too, would love an iridium but…. $$$
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2255 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:20 pm Got myself a Mooer Radar today, going to run my pedalboard into it for headphone practice, will be interested to see how it sounds, if it’s not up to scratch I’ll get one of their preamp pedals too, would love an iridium but…. $$$
and back into the rabbit hole he goes ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:20 pm Got myself a Mooer Radar today, going to run my pedalboard into it for headphone practice, will be interested to see how it sounds, if it’s not up to scratch I’ll get one of their preamp pedals too, would love an iridium but…. $$$
To be fair, a lot of us play with headphones, most of the time - the ones that don't are lucky - I push my setup when the missus isn't here.

So doesn't it make sense to spend the cash on a great headphone solution, that will also be a great loud solution - but whatever works for you!

Blackstratblues has the most awesome headphone solution I've ever seen - he has the actual amps, that can be played silently. And the finest selection of amps :) I make do with the helix. Either can be played really loudly or silently.

Spend your money wisely.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Bg wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:54 pm
To be fair, a lot of us play with headphones, most of the time - the ones that don't are lucky - I push my setup when the missus isn't here.

So doesn't it make sense to spend the cash on a great headphone solution, that will also be a great loud solution - but whatever works for you!

Blackstratblues has the most awesome headphone solution I've ever seen - he has the actual amps, that can be played silently. And the finest selection of amps :) I make do with the helix. Either can be played really loudly or silently.

Spend your money wisely.
I figure this is a cheap option for silent practice that should sound decent given the reviews... seems whenever I turn my amp on all the doors in the house get shut... its not even that loud!! Plus I want to be able to use all my pedals as thats where the majority of my tone comes from :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Had a quick play with the radar, its bumped a pedal off my board, sounds really great for headphone practice, going to be a great asset!

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:37 pm Had a quick play with the radar, its bumped a pedal off my board, sounds really great for headphone practice, going to be a great asset!
yes dear....