meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Re: Neural DSP Quad Cortex / Archetype Plugins Thread

Post by jeremyb »

jhyang549 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:21 pm
MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:13 pm
jeremyb wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:51 am

Rabea to me always has great tone and is a killer player, I'd argue he has a larger fanbase amongst people who will buy the plugin than some of the other artists, and at the end of the day that is what a company is most interested in :rofl:

His plugin is actually looking like the most practical for my needs, mainly for the fuzz, octave, and synth which are all things I currently use pedals for, would be nice to have one uber plugin that can import bits from other ones you own though...
And remember everyone it's 2022 - half of our "Guitar Gods" are old, dead, or haven't made good music for decades. Kids getting into digital guitar rigs these days probably have more affinity with (and influence from) Youtubers than any of the old guard poster pinups. An Archetype Timmons seems unlikely, but they did Petrucci so maybe... But I totally laughed at the idea of a Archetype Shull, Chappers or Beato :lol:

Love Rabea's playing and he seems like a really cool guy. Definitely will be checking this plugin out come Black Friday.
I'm really hoping for Archetype: McKnight in Q3 2023 myself. Amp 2 will be a Malin Amplification M-Type Preamp -> Two Notes Torpedo C.A.B M emulation via Binaural IRs.
They will call it “The Thumb” as he looks like one.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

According to a dude on the Neural discord server they won't discount new plugins for a few months, will see how much I use it within the next 2 weeks of the free trial and go from there...

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2255 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

I grabbed the darkglass plugin to give it a try, but it doesn't do anything that my bass amp/plugins/eleven rack don't already do.
I'll try some of the guitar ones when I get chance.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 387 times

Post by dayl »

Im still using the Nolly Archtype. Brilliant VST. When you disable the built in cabs and load in third party responses it takes it to the next level.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Decided to buy the Tim Henson plug-in with 30% off using the Guitarnerds code, will grab the Rabea one when Black Friday sales hit :-)

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

dayl wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:44 am Im still using the Nolly Archtype. Brilliant VST. When you disable the built in cabs and load in third party responses it takes it to the next level.
Which ones specifically? - I have some York Audio, Ownhammer and Overloud TH-U IRs, but there's bajillions. If there's anything better than York and Ownhammer, you have my attention :)

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:23 am
I thought The Muppets guy would have been older.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 387 times

Post by dayl »

MogwaiBoy wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:02 pm
dayl wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:44 am Im still using the Nolly Archtype. Brilliant VST. When you disable the built in cabs and load in third party responses it takes it to the next level.
Which ones specifically? - I have some York Audio, Ownhammer and Overloud TH-U IRs, but there's bajillions. If there's anything better than York and Ownhammer, you have my attention :)
Haven't heard of york but have heard Ownhammer is excellent.

I use the Catharis IR's with the Nolly on the more heavier setting and damn it sounds good and records well.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zq2yufvz46tn4w0/Catharsis.zip

The rest is just scrolling through a bunch of the other free collections out there. I stopped after Catharis as I was getting what I needed. Throw out any further recommendations. I tried to stay away from the IR rabbit hole.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Rabea is doing a livestream walkthru on his plugin at 8am Thu 11th Aug NZT here:

It will of course be available after that to watch normally :)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Article on their process of using machine learning for modelling guitar amps: https://guitar.com/features/interviews/ ... mplifiers/

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

jeremyb wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:25 am Article on their process of using machine learning for modelling guitar amps: https://guitar.com/features/interviews/ ... mplifiers/
Good read! Didn't know they had gone the AI route for modelling. Plus really interesting comments about why modellers feel different.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

:mental:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Released today, Mark IIC+ suite:

jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 201 times

Post by jhyang549 »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:45 pm Released today, Mark IIC+ suite:

Meh. Archetype: Petrucci is pretty much this but with more features. It's cheaper but I wish they did something a lot different than what they have already.