Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

NRD

Post by Slowy »

New Reverb Day.

Mr Starfire, from whom I acquired this, asked me to comment.
Shy and unassuming though I am, I have agreed.
Dtsn.JPG
Dtsn.JPG (53.64 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
I was looking for shimmer to put between my classical guitar and the AER amp. I wasn't going to pay for a Blue Sky but that's where my ears were.

A DigiTech Supernatural is not a Blue Sky.
And it's nothing like a Flint.

The Strymons, like all the pedals I use, season the sound of a guitar and amp. What the Supernatural does is cover everything in a strong sauce.
If you like your fish served in a Vindaloo, this is a good thing, but it's not pan fried with herbs.

With everything dialled back, my go to effect plate reverb is fine. But it all gets trippy faster than eyedropping Acid from there. The other settings are even more so.

So I rather like it.

It's no use at all on my gig rig but I wanted something to play with my Matsuoka Classical. I haven't got that far yet but I think some of the settings could be very interesting with the bright percussiveness of nylon strings.

And yes Oleg, these are the fever dreams of the unobtainum Multiac. :rofl:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Re: NRD

Post by Starfire »

The Supernova mode was my favourite. I’d buy a pedal with just that, I think.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Starfire wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:56 pm The Supernova mode was my favourite. I’d buy a pedal with just that, I think.
It's good. And far too OTT for me to use anywhere except the privacy of my home.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

I have the Hardwire version and agree, nothing subtle about this reverb. A little over the top for me actually (and I am a reverb junkie), mostly with all the pitchy de-tuning going on. But I am definitely keeping it around for my future doomgaze project :lol: