Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 364 times

Re: Boss GT1000 core users thoughts??

Post by MiniForklift »

johnstratiwant wrote: ↑Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:52 am I am interested in buying Boss GT1000 core, going to mainly use it for fx instead of amp simulation.
As I already mentioned before I've had the HR Gigboard for quite a while now and I use it purely for effects. No doubt I'm missing out on the amp sims & cabs but for now that's a rabbit-hole that doesn't overly interest me. I'm a real luddite with regards to technology; the 4 cable method, MIDI etc all confuses the crap out of me

FWIW I have it sitting last in the chain and it plays nicely with everything :thumbup:
β€œπ‘πžπšπ₯𝐒𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐬 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐒𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐑𝐚𝐭 π₯𝐒𝐞𝐬 π›πžπ­π°πžπžπ§ 𝐝𝐒𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐒𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 πžπ±π©πžπœπ­πšπ­π’π¨π§β€

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

robthemac wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:04 pm
Bg wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:37 am Helix LT for sale here.... just saying ;)
I think he'd be better of with an Iridium.

:wave:
well known for the excellent screen layout and user interface :P
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Bg wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:23 pm
Bg wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:37 am Helix LT for sale here.... just saying ;)

User interfaces don't get any easier!
Jops wrote: ↑Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

robthemac wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:26 pm

screen doesn't get any smaller... and wheres the controls for all the effects? oh yeah, right :P

time to stop the off topic thread hijack....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Bg wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:30 pm
robthemac wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:26 pm

screen doesn't get any smaller... and wheres the controls for all the effects? oh yeah, right :P

time to stop the off topic thread hijack....
If it weren't for thread hijacks there'd be about two posts a day on this forum.
Jops wrote: ↑Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

I find that the hx edit is pretty good for the stomp, can access everything and live tweak before saving it all.

I currently am using the power amp stage of my Rocker 15, so am doing amp emulation on the hx but using the power amp dynamics of the Rocker. Tis waaaaay further ahead than my old firehawk fx!

johnstratiwant
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by johnstratiwant »

slash-ed wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:18 am
johnstratiwant wrote: ↑Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:32 pm
jeremyb wrote: ↑Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:42 pm Quite a few HX users on here, I'm sure they'll chime in soon :)
Seems like Hx are very popular, but heard GT1000 have better sounds? :zomg:
One of our dealers did a comparison of the features between the two (GT-1000CORE and HX Stomp) when the CORE first came out, could be helpful for you:

The full sized Helix Floor has one of the best user interfaces in the industry imo, but when going to the smaller format, the HX Stomp screen is smaller and the UI adapted to that by necessity. One quantitative thing that I will say about the GT-1000CORE (the rest being a bit more subjective about tone, interface etc) is that it retains the exact same size screen as the full GT-1000 which does make navigating and viewing a bit easier.
I saw a video from Youtube where this person bought a bluetooth adaptor and connected to their gt1000 core and allowed it to use with ipad, which was only available for the full gt1000

johnstratiwant
Ashton
Ashton

Post by johnstratiwant »

For anyone who use amp simulation with their pedals- do you use it to record straight in pc/mac or use it to connect to like a speaker and use it instead of an amp?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

johnstratiwant wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:57 pm For anyone who use amp simulation with their pedals- do you use it to record straight in pc/mac or use it to connect to like a speaker and use it instead of an amp?
When I had the boss katana I recorded straight into my interface with it, likewise with the HD500X I had :-)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I don't really use outboard pedals anymore, the helix did everything I needed. I used it as my pc interface and for recording since I got it and I've also linked it into 2 headrush FRFR cabs (which was complete overkill) and also into studio monitors for noodling and sound reinforcement.

It depends what you're looking for really, its overkill if you're just wanting effects. Its also a rabbit hole, where you can tweak every tiny little nuance.

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

johnstratiwant wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:57 pm For anyone who use amp simulation with their pedals- do you use it to record straight in pc/mac or use it to connect to like a speaker and use it instead of an amp?
I run mine into a small mixing desk via stereo outs which feeds my headphones and monitor speakers depending on my mood and home noise allowance. The output of the desk goes to a PC interface in stereo for if I ever wanted to record it, which occurs, but is rare nowadays. The monitors aren't really like getting punched in the face like a real 4x12, but good enough and at head height. The Boss unit is my amp (sim), has a loop for the pedals that need it, and cabinet simulator as it can run dual IR's.
The headphone out on my unit and I assume many others are really good, so easy enough to use as a small headphone amp if away on holiday etc. (depending on the unit you choose) The wife won't let me take my half stack in the car on holidays oddly enough.. I should probably list her in the swaps thread.. :lol:
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Connect it via PC to interface, then just use headphones or studio monitors. Sounds great!

johnstratiwant
Ashton
Ashton

Post by johnstratiwant »

chur wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:05 pm
I run mine into a small mixing desk via stereo outs which feeds my headphones and monitor speakers depending on my mood and home noise allowance. The output of the desk goes to a PC interface in stereo for if I ever wanted to record it, which occurs, but is rare nowadays. The monitors aren't really like getting punched in the face like a real 4x12, but good enough and at head height. The Boss unit is my amp (sim), has a loop for the pedals that need it, and cabinet simulator as it can run dual IR's.
The headphone out on my unit and I assume many others are really good, so easy enough to use as a small headphone amp if away on holiday etc. (depending on the unit you choose) The wife won't let me take my half stack in the car on holidays oddly enough.. I should probably list her in the swaps thread.. :lol:
Thanks for the info, curious how the amp simulation on monitor speaker will stack up with my blues junior :rofl:

johnstratiwant
Ashton
Ashton

Post by johnstratiwant »

robthemac wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:35 pm
Connect it via PC to interface, then just use headphones or studio monitors. Sounds great!
Maybe an excuse for myself to get some good headphones :congrats:

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

johnstratiwant wrote: ↑Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:28 pm
robthemac wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:35 pm
Maybe an excuse for myself to get some good headphones :congrats:
You must be new here. Don't get me talking about good headphones.

In the interests of full disclosure, the Iridium does have a few quirks with headphones. It works best with an audio interface if you're wanting the best performance with headphones.