Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Re: Boss GT1000 core users thoughts??

Post by robthemac »

johnstratiwant wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:26 pm
chur wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:05 pm
johnstratiwant wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:57 pm For anyone who use amp simulation with their pedals- do you use it to record straight in pc/mac or use it to connect to like a speaker and use it instead of an amp?
I run mine into a small mixing desk via stereo outs which feeds my headphones and monitor speakers depending on my mood and home noise allowance. The output of the desk goes to a PC interface in stereo for if I ever wanted to record it, which occurs, but is rare nowadays. The monitors aren't really like getting punched in the face like a real 4x12, but good enough and at head height. The Boss unit is my amp (sim), has a loop for the pedals that need it, and cabinet simulator as it can run dual IR's.
The headphone out on my unit and I assume many others are really good, so easy enough to use as a small headphone amp if away on holiday etc. (depending on the unit you choose) The wife won't let me take my half stack in the car on holidays oddly enough.. I should probably list her in the swaps thread.. :lol:
Thanks for the info, curious how the amp simulation on monitor speaker will stack up with my blues junior :rofl:
Depends on the quality of your monitors. If you have good monitors and a well-damped room, modellers can be amazing. If you have shitty Wharfdales like me, stick with headphones!
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

johnstratiwant wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:26 pm
chur wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:05 pm
johnstratiwant wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:57 pm For anyone who use amp simulation with their pedals- do you use it to record straight in pc/mac or use it to connect to like a speaker and use it instead of an amp?
I run mine into a small mixing desk via stereo outs which feeds my headphones and monitor speakers depending on my mood and home noise allowance. The output of the desk goes to a PC interface in stereo for if I ever wanted to record it, which occurs, but is rare nowadays. The monitors aren't really like getting punched in the face like a real 4x12, but good enough and at head height. The Boss unit is my amp (sim), has a loop for the pedals that need it, and cabinet simulator as it can run dual IR's.
The headphone out on my unit and I assume many others are really good, so easy enough to use as a small headphone amp if away on holiday etc. (depending on the unit you choose) The wife won't let me take my half stack in the car on holidays oddly enough.. I should probably list her in the swaps thread.. :lol:
Thanks for the info, curious how the amp simulation on monitor speaker will stack up with my blues junior :rofl:
As said by others, depends on your monitors. It will be more manageable volume wise through monitors vs your amp if that matters. It will be a different experience than a real amp, but heck, it might even be better depending on what you are looking for.
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

or you could go mental and get a couple of FRFR.... I ended up selling one, 2 were overkill.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.