Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Re: Fulltone closing?

Post by Kris »

I think its good to keep personal opinions separate to your business profile. There's a few examples of this, i guess being polarising ensures a hardcore following but, you could just make good products:) In an age where the competition is more for attention, you gotta be loud and run the risk of being too loud.

Eno trouble was the best ocd i owned,35 bucks.Chur :)

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Post by kdawg2a »

For what it's worth, if my comment before isn't considered right, I'd be interested to hear why it isn't. I have an open mind!
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

kdawg2a wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:26 pm For what it's worth, if my comment before isn't considered right, I'd be interested to hear why it isn't. I have an open mind!
I fully agree with what you said, was a storm in a teacup!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

It's OK, I tend to raise points about subjects that aren't "considered right" either. I usually look for balance in debates, and when all the talk seems to be from one side only, I can sometimes posit the possibility that there may be other sides to the story - which makes me a target for ad hominemists.

I've kept out of this one but here goes...

- What Mike said about law enforcement letting rioters run riot was just, like, his opinion, man
- I can't support violence in any form except self-defense
- That includes disproportionate violence by cops, rioters, and threats made by self-righteous keyboard warriors

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by kdawg2a »

It's been 3 pages of people tip toeing around this. Why are people so worried? What has happened to us that an obviously acceptable opinion has been turned so toxic?
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

I still think the OCD is actually a pretty good overdrive pedal.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

kdawg2a wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:24 pm It's been 3 pages of people tip toeing around this. Why are people so worried? What has happened to us that an obviously acceptable opinion has been turned so toxic?
I think most people just think his closing down statement made him look like a total dick :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

jeremyb wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:36 pm
kdawg2a wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:24 pm It's been 3 pages of people tip toeing around this. Why are people so worried? What has happened to us that an obviously acceptable opinion has been turned so toxic?
I think most people just think his closing down statement made him look like a total dick :lol:
Yeah this. I didn't know shit about that other stuff, just his "FU I'm leaving" rant was douchey.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 201 times

Post by jhyang549 »

In general, I question what was obviously acceptable in the past was really acceptable to begin with. That things that we consider "mild" was actually toxic to people that were either too afraid, marginalised or ignorant to speak up.

People were still susceptible to echo chambers before the internet. Sticking with their own kind and all that. The guitarist landscape was a lot more skewed towards certain socioeconomic groups back then compared to now. Now it's a bit more balanced and you have people speaking up and saying "actually, that's not okay". It can be tough to hear that and easy to trivialise their suffering.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by kdawg2a »

jhyang549 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:47 pm In general, I question what was obviously acceptable in the past was really acceptable to begin with. That things that we consider "mild" was actually toxic to people that were either too afraid, marginalised or ignorant to speak up.

People were still susceptible to echo chambers before the internet. Sticking with their own kind and all that. The guitarist landscape was a lot more skewed towards certain socioeconomic groups back then compared to now. Now it's a bit more balanced and you have people speaking up and saying "actually, that's not okay". It can be tough to hear that and easy to trivialise their suffering.
The guy pointed out that businesses unrelated to the intentions of the protest were looted by people using the protests as a cover. The guitar socialecononic landscape has only ever been made up by people that like the guitar.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

jeremyb wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:49 pm
kdawg2a wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:26 pm For what it's worth, if my comment before isn't considered right, I'd be interested to hear why it isn't. I have an open mind!
I fully agree with what you said, was a storm in a teacup!
I also agree with what you said on the cancel culture incident and yes, while his closing Fulltone statement was self-congratulatory, he's an American (not known for their humility) and he's done well for himself.

He might have a history of other stuff he's done, but none of it is important enough for me to seek it out, he's certainly not the first business owner to turn out be a bit of a dick (I say this from experience, I'm related to one).
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by kdawg2a »

If his leaving rant was considered douchey I would counter, walk a mile in this guy's shoes and see how you feel. Got a nice little business, comment about some scumbags, everyone hates you for two years and tries their best to ruin your business even though, it turns out, you're right and no one said anything.
Last edited by kdawg2a on Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Litterick
Gibson
Has liked: 268 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Litterick »

Walk a mile in his shoes; you will be a mile away from him, and you will have his shoes.

I think he was clobbered because social media needs outrage to thrive. At that time (the period when everybody in authority was kneeling, apologising and defunding police forces), any public figure who did not express unwavering support for BLM was automatically condemned.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

But what I really wanna know is why no one called him out on naming a pedal "OCD", that is ablist :mental:

hellblazer
Squier
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by hellblazer »

is this the dude who used to take support calls while drunk and abused customers, insisting everyone who bought his fancy tape echo were guilty of user error when he was sending it out with the wrong type of tape for years?

his tone deaf comments during the BLM protests came after years of asshattery.