KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1778 times
Been liked: 667 times

Re: Buying an HX Stomp on Andertons

Post by KNNZ »

I would go local, I bought one couple of years ago from NZRS and it died just outside of the warranty period, luckily I was able to get a new replacement from NZRS even after the warranty period was over.

bassegg
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by bassegg »

MiniForklift wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:48 am
Bigdaddy wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:26 pm Try Peach Guitars on Reverb. Says they ship to NZ.

https://reverb.com/item/33652234-line-6-helix-hx-stomp
Wow. Even with the expensive shipping it still works out around $500 less than NZRS. Didn't realise they were that expensive - have they had a price hike recently? I think not being able to procure one from Andertons was the main reason I ended up going with the Headrush Gigboard, and no regerts either. You don't seem to be able to get that particular model anymore but I'm sure the HX Stomp is just as good. Having one on your pedalboard really is a game changer :thumbup:
Yeah, Rockshop have put prices up on a lot of stuff recently. I bought my last HX Stomp from them for $999. Stupidly I sold it. I might look into the Headrush MX5 which they have for $999

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 364 times

Post by MiniForklift »

bassegg wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:29 am Yeah, Rockshop have put prices up on a lot of stuff recently. I bought my last HX Stomp from them for $999. Stupidly I sold it. I might look into the Headrush MX5 which they have for $999
The MX5 will be great, from what I can tell this is what replaced the Gigboard. Other than the size I can't imagine there'd be much difference between them - the quality of the effects is fantastic not to mention the scope of how much you can tweak them
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 364 times

Post by MiniForklift »

KNNZ wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:13 am I would go local, I bought one couple of years ago from NZRS and it died just outside of the warranty period, luckily I was able to get a new replacement from NZRS even after the warranty period was over.
That is definitely something to consider, I think Bg had the same thing happen with the Headrush. From memory they swapped out 2 or 3 faulty units. Must have been a bad batch of them
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2262 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

yep 3 of them, stopped responding to USB after a day or so. Ended up getting a great deal on a Helix LT.
If I'd bought offshore, I'd have been mighty pissed off. As it was, I was mildly inconvenienced and ended up a happy customer again.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1105 times
Been liked: 1421 times

Post by robthemac »

Bg wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:34 pm yep 3 of them, stopped responding to USB after a day or so. Ended up getting a great deal on a Helix LT.
If I'd bought offshore, I'd have been mighty pissed off. As it was, I was mildly inconvenienced and ended up a happy customer again.
Is your USB cable booby-trapped?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

hellblazer
Squier
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by hellblazer »

I got mine as an ex-demo unit from Chicago Music Exchange, 545 usd, plus another 27 shipping. I guess the distribution deal wouldn't apply to 'used'.
Although that was two and a half years ago and the exchange rate was better.