KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1778 times
Been liked: 667 times

Ceriatone Amps

Post by KNNZ »

Alright guys, educate me on Ceriatone amps, your experiences, the good, the bad etc
This particular one looks attractive to me, but unable to try before buy unfortunately

also is this a decent price? https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace ... f=ffDJwqOT

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Re: Ceriatone Amps

Post by bender »

I’ve got my eye on that one as well!

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 856 times
Been liked: 276 times

Post by calling card »

Ceriatone gets my vote, if you talk to them it'll most likely be Nick who answers, owner I think.
2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 933 times

Post by Reg18 »

I had a Ceriatone DC30 head recently and the build quality was top notch. Tones great, nothing that would concern me at all in honesty.

FuzzMonkey
Gibson
Has liked: 510 times
Been liked: 407 times

Post by FuzzMonkey »

I chatted with someone about them; no personal experience, however, but they had nothing but good things to say. Especially about the service from Nick.
"There's no creativity without vulnerability."

www.fantailaudio.com

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1105 times
Been liked: 1421 times

Post by robthemac »

FuzzMonkey wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:17 pm I chatted with someone about them; no personal experience, however, but they had nothing but good things to say. Especially about the service from Nick.
No personal experience, but when I was looking at getting some custom-built amps, everything I found online suggested they were very well-made.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

FuzzMonkey
Gibson
Has liked: 510 times
Been liked: 407 times

Post by FuzzMonkey »

robthemac wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:06 pm
FuzzMonkey wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:17 pm I chatted with someone about them; no personal experience, however, but they had nothing but good things to say. Especially about the service from Nick.
No personal experience, but when I was looking at getting some custom-built amps, everything I found online suggested they were very well-made.
Just to clarify my comment. I was potentially looking for a Marshall-type amp from Ceriatone and the person I was chatting to had "past participle of get" something similar to what I wanted from Ceriatone.
Last edited by FuzzMonkey on Tue May 16, 2023 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no creativity without vulnerability."

www.fantailaudio.com

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

FuzzMonkey wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:23 pm
robthemac wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:06 pm
Just to clarify my comment. I was potentially looking for a Marshall-type amp from Ceriatone and the person I was chatting to had "past participle of get" something similar to what I wanted from Ceriatone.
Yep, I'm happy with my Mike-built amps, but Ceriatone would have been an option I was happy with if he hadn't offered!
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 755 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by Miza »

Superb amps. Bought one direct many years ago, an 18W TMB with ef86 channel. Miss it terribly.

If they were made in the USA, you'd be paying at least twice the price.
Nothing to see here.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2480 times

Post by Slowy »

KNNZ wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:02 pm Alright guys, educate me on Ceriatone amps, your experiences, the good, the bad etc
This particular one looks attractive to me, but unable to try before buy unfortunately

also is this a decent price? https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace ... f=ffDJwqOT
That is a Matchless Lightning for 40 cents on the dollar. Suggest the only thing to check is where it was assembled. Ceriatone build them but also supply kits. Obviously one assembled from a kit needs close scrutiny.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4168 times

Post by jeremyb »

Also if anyone doesn’t know it’s pronounced “cherry-a-tone”
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1358 times
Been liked: 2097 times

Post by GrantB »

I have had two from Nick. A 5E3, and a Prinzetone. I assembled the 5E3, they the Prinze.

The Prinzetone was very well made. Faultless workpersonship. Tonally it missed the boat for me - I've learnt the PR circuit needs the Reverb gain stage to be the uber cool thing it is. However, good pedal platform type amp. The 5E3 was, and still is, one of the better sounding kits.

Their higher gain stuff always sounds good in videos.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

I've a son of yeti and it's super versatile
https://www.nzguitars.com/forum/viewtop ... on+of+yeti

Needs a new surround tho and will hit up Beeg when he settles down in his new abode :thumbup:
Did come with a 1x10 combo case as well
:mental:

murky
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 297 times

Post by murky »

Have variously owned/own an Express, DC30, ODS, Liverpool, and ODS HRM.

Stay away from the home builds/kits, unless you’re certain of the builder’s skills.

Current lead times are long for full size heads (24-36 weeks as at the start of May) (took delivery of an amp last month - almost two years after ordering). Lunch box heads can be had a little faster.

Resale value isn’t great. Used prices represent great value.

Great amps!

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Gah, Keon, you've given me GAS for a dozen different Ceriatone lunchboxes.