Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2492 times

NOSGD

Post by Slowy »

New Old Smelly Guitar Day!

I mean just look at these two; tell me they don't belong together. :D

Guitar was an impulse bid, 'that's a reasonable reserve' and here we are. It was described as playing well, (it does; I could jam with it as is). The frets are very small so that is what it is but action, intonation, perfectly fine. It's been played regularly and it shows.

It was described as having electrical issues.
The pot tapers are not what I could wish and the selector switch bleeds to both pickups at the extremes of its travel. Getting a single pickup is a variation of the inbetween on a 3 position Strat switch trick. Neck pickup is louder and better sounding than the bridge. I briefly considered installing some Lollar Gold Foils before I checked what they were going to cost. :shock:

It's believed to be from 1968. It's incredibly loud acoustically and it's obviously the cheap model but it's in great playing condition and sounds very good.
Kdawg2a approved, I reckon.

This is my kind of Funk! :rofl:

Yamaha SA-15.jpg
Yamaha SA-15.jpg (1.86 MiB) Viewed 803 times
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 409 times

Re: NOSGD

Post by dayl »

Wow, now that is something special! how cool.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

I meant to add that the seller who goes by nzguitartrader on TM is a totally excellent chap. He really belongs here and I've invited him to visit. And if anyone has a not overly expensive Greenback, V30 or similar in 8ohms available, I will connect you both.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Yum :) and dibs...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:12 pmYum :) and dibs...
Noted.

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by Lyle »

Slowy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:56 pm New Old Smelly Guitar Day!

I mean just look at these two; tell me they don't belong together. :D

Guitar was an impulse bid, 'that's a reasonable reserve' and here we are. It was described as playing well, (it does; I could jam with it as is). The frets are very small so that is what it is but action, intonation, perfectly fine. It's been played regularly and it shows.

It was described as having electrical issues.
The pot tapers are not what I could wish and the selector switch bleeds to both pickups at the extremes of its travel. Getting a single pickup is a variation of the inbetween on a 3 position Strat switch trick. Neck pickup is louder and better sounding than the bridge. I briefly considered installing some Lollar Gold Foils before I checked what they were going to cost. :shock:

It's believed to be from 1968. It's incredibly loud acoustically and it's obviously the cheap model but it's in great playing condition and sounds very good.
Kdawg2a approved, I reckon.

This is my kind of Funk! :rofl:

Yamaha SA-15.jpg
Awesome! I was tempted to grab it when it popped up, glad it ended up in the NZG family. We're in the middle of selling our house so responsiblity got the better of me and I didn't throw in a bid.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1635 times
Been liked: 1302 times

Post by Jay »

Neck pickup is louder and better sounding than the bridge.
Both pickups are the same

Congrats, you finally own a Yamaha again
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7744 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Post by jeremyb »

HA! I saw this and thought it was pretty cool, nice score Bruce!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Jay wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:23 pm

It's been a while since this one.
IMGP2908-1.JPG
IMGP2908-1.JPG (458.82 KiB) Viewed 744 times

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

When you meet them, you can tell them that.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Apologies for the photo sizes. I'm reducing them but they seem to have missed the memo.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 826 times
Been liked: 1316 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Slowy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:45 pm

IMGP2908-1.JPG
Congrats she’s a beaut. I like the wine red
Also I desperately would like a banana yellow samurai like that one

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

https://www.premierguitar.com/pro-advic ... maha-sa15d

Found this which was interesting. Mine's definitely the 15, not 15D and it seems 1968/69 is the age.

'Summer of '69!'

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:04 pm
Slowy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:45 pm

IMGP2908-1.JPG
Congrats she’s a beaut. I like the wine red
Also I desperately would like a banana yellow samurai like that one
It was an interesting thing. The rear pickup had a knob that blended it from single coil to humbucker.
But you couldn't call it an offset; more a side impact.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1635 times
Been liked: 1302 times

Post by Jay »

Slowy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:19 pm https://www.premierguitar.com/pro-advic ... maha-sa15d

Found this which was interesting. Mine's definitely the 15, not 15D and it seems 1968/69 is the age.

'Summer of '69!'
That article is quite wrong on a number of points... the pickups are humbuckers, not single coils.
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.