RectifiedAmps
Fender
Fender
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 240 times

Re: Looper…is it worth spending up ?

Post by RectifiedAmps »

I have a Jamman Solo XT and it’s packed with features including just about everything you mention: stereo in/outs for splitting signals, switching banks on the fly (using external switches), quantisation, aux-in and a micro-sd which you can (apparently) pre-load with samples. I can’t comment on signal quality or how it compares to other loopers but it definitely does way more than I need it to. They’ve been out of production for a while now but they still come up on Reverb and are cheap.

mule
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 520 times
Been liked: 164 times

Post by mule »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:29 pm
TmcB wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:56 pm To be honest, I’d get what has more footswitches. This stupid single or dual magical tap dance nonsense takes all the joy out of looping
So what’s the go ?
The RC's are pretty good at letting you connect external footswitches and assigning them to parameters to help with this. https://support.roland.com/hc/en-us/art ... itch-pedal

Not sure about the infinity.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1108 times
Been liked: 1424 times

Post by robthemac »

NZTone.e wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:08 am
robthemac wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:36 am
StrummersOfThunder wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:21 am ok this might be a silly question:

is there a looper that will send my guitar signal to my guitar amp and the drums/bass/keys to a full range monitor ?
and modeling ?
Yes, a stereo looper (e.g. RC30) could be used with guitar left channel and misc instruments right channel. Problem will be combining all the signals, but I actually have a small 5 channel mixer that you can borrow if you're wanting to play that game.

Interesting, I had an RC30 for years and never thought of using it like that, but then I have to wonder why would you bother?

This apparently is for home use, composing band songs etc, trying a setup to separate guitar from everything else seems needlessly complicated.

Just get the RC600 which has all the guitar modelling built in, can do all sorts of amazing things and just run everything into something full range.

By the time you’ve bought this and that to get working off a lesser looper you may as well have just bought the bigger looper!
Needlessly complicated is kinda my M.O.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

NZTone.e
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by NZTone.e »

robthemac wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:44 am
NZTone.e wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:08 am
robthemac wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:36 am

Yes, a stereo looper (e.g. RC30) could be used with guitar left channel and misc instruments right channel. Problem will be combining all the signals, but I actually have a small 5 channel mixer that you can borrow if you're wanting to play that game.

Interesting, I had an RC30 for years and never thought of using it like that, but then I have to wonder why would you bother?

This apparently is for home use, composing band songs etc, trying a setup to separate guitar from everything else seems needlessly complicated.

Just get the RC600 which has all the guitar modelling built in, can do all sorts of amazing things and just run everything into something full range.

By the time you’ve bought this and that to get working off a lesser looper you may as well have just bought the bigger looper!
Needlessly complicated is kinda my M.O.

Lol, fair enough…

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7744 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Post by jeremyb »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:21 am ok this might be a silly question:

is there a looper that will send my guitar signal to my guitar amp and the drums/bass/keys to a full range monitor ?
Or do I just get a good full range monitor and (omg shudder) get a modeling amp pedal thing?

Goal - to do some demos of some of my cool guitars and amps
- to compose new tunes for the band

Or yeh, is the the looper game just one that youd play will full range monitors and modeling ?
Hang on, do you want to loop the drums etc as well? otherwise I don't see the need for this functionality, how were you planning on creating the drums, keys, bass sounds?

If it was me I'd skip the looper, create drum and keys and bass tracks in my DAW with plugins, then mic an amp and run it into my interface, record the parts I wanna loop into my DAW and copy paste them... jobs a goodun!

If you wanna do a hardware only solution, there are many options...

- You could use a digitech trio+ as it can do the drums and looper functionality for you, has separate outs for guitar and drums, mic up your amp and run it and the drum out into a Zoom recorder or similar.

- Use your iPad for drums, keys, bass etc into a small mixer, guitar amp mic'd up into same mixer, outputs into some kind of recorder like a Zoom or similar.

Plenty of other options too, just depends on what exactly you wanna achieve :-)
Last edited by jeremyb on Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Boss RC-500. Drum loops built in. Output drums to PA, guitar to guitar amp. Stop faffing around and get the one that is the best. Don’t waste your time and effort reinventing the wheel, just get the Boss.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7744 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Post by jeremyb »

Conway wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:03 am Boss RC-500. Drum loops built in. Output drums to PA, guitar to guitar amp. Stop faffing around and get the one that is the best. Don’t waste your time and effort reinventing the wheel, just get the Boss.
This one is even local to you and a semi decent price! https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace ... 4581765540
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 561 times

Post by TmcB »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:29 pm
TmcB wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:56 pm To be honest, I’d get what has more footswitches. This stupid single or dual magical tap dance nonsense takes all the joy out of looping
So what’s the go ?
I’d go a DL4 MKII or a Boomerrang
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 826 times
Been liked: 1316 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Conway wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:03 am Boss RC-500. Drum loops built in. Output drums to PA, guitar to guitar amp. Stop faffing around and get the one that is the best. Don’t waste your time and effort reinventing the wheel, just get the Boss.
Yeh this is the ticket I think

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

Did I mention that I had 2 RC-500s, one on each of my two pedalboards. My arm might be twisted...

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1108 times
Been liked: 1424 times

Post by robthemac »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:32 am
Yeh this is the ticket I think
I may have one sitting in the sauna that we could do a comparison with.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Conway wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:56 am Did I mention that I had 2 RC-500s, one on each of my two pedalboards. My arm might be twisted...
Did not mention
Arm looking vulnerable

NZTone.e
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by NZTone.e »

There’s an RC500 on fb at the moment…

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Ive put a cheeky offer on a pigtronix infinity 3 with universal control pedal (one on TM)
let see if the seller is feeling sassy my good man !

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

:roll:
Last edited by Conway on Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.