Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 667 times

Just got my TC Electronic Nova System

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Bye bye pedals.

This thing is great.

Incredible silky smooth mods, delays and 'verbs. Excellent analog programmable OD/dist sounds, all in a small, easy to use package. It absolutely adores my strat, and the Mustang is sounding hot too.
Well worth checking out!
http://www.tcelectronics.com/novasystem

I'll try to post some pics, but the rig is:
Cole Clark Strat
Weta Mustang w/JB jr
TC Nova System
Left amp
Sovtek MIG 50 w/boogie 4x10
Right amp
Gallien/Kruger ML250

All cables are Lava Canare, and it just sounds -- the sex.

Clarky
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Just got my TC Electronic Nova System

Post by Clarky »

Mucho envy man. 8)
Konx om Pax

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

That looks cool. Where did you buy it from, how heavy on the wallet was it?

Neil Zaza on the demo video on their site! That makes it even betterer ;)
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1389 times
Been liked: 2133 times

Post by GrantB »

Hey cool - and nice to see someone else using a Mig 50 in their line up...mines so earsplitting loud though I save for special gigs...gigs where I never want to play there again...

Tell me, does the rig work in true bypass if you're not using an effect? Or should I just read the blurb and stop being a lazy SOB....
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3559 times
Been liked: 728 times

Post by Cdog »

Awesome dude did you sell your pedals?

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

If it had relay channel switching and an fx loop I would be all over it.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Basket Case wrote:If it had relay channel switching and an fx loop I would be all over it.
Well, it's designed to be a simple, easy alternative to the G-system, so maybe you should get one of those!

I've had it on order since it was announced, from Sweetwater. Landed, w/GST, it's cost me about $1100. No it's not true bypass, but the buffer is excellent.
UNIQUE, if you ever what to get rig of your MIG-50, I would be very interested in a second one . .

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

Yeah I've been gassing for a g-system ever since it came out. A bit too costly for me though.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

bbrunskill wrote:
Basket Case wrote:If it had relay channel switching and an fx loop I would be all over it.
Well, it's designed to be a simple, easy alternative to the G-system, so maybe you should get one of those!

I've had it on order since it was announced, from Sweetwater. Landed, w/GST, it's cost me about $1100. No it's not true bypass, but the buffer is excellent.
UNIQUE, if you ever what to get rig of your MIG-50, I would be very interested in a second one . .
Mmm...you'd prolly need to dig me up to get it. I saw one go for around the $900 mark about a year ago...and to think they were biffing them out at $400 fire sale price while solid state Peavey's were the rage....I actually got mine for $350 brand new from Greenlane Music (notice how tired that store is?)...I bought serial No 4 G2D and that in one hit. Man I was on a high that day. I played the Mig for years as my main rig. Now it's my super clean ultra Fender sound amp. More headroom than Notre Dame...what cab do you use? Love to have break up a little more....a pair of Celestion Blues would be good but it has so much grunt I'd be scared about the 20 watt mismatch
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

*UNIQUE* wrote: Mmm...you'd prolly need to dig me up to get it. I saw one go for around the $900 mark about a year ago...and to think they were biffing them out at $400 fire sale price while solid state Peavey's were the rage....I actually got mine for $350 brand new from Greenlane Music (notice how tired that store is?)...I bought serial No 4 G2D and that in one hit. Man I was on a high that day. I played the Mig for years as my main rig. Now it's my super clean ultra Fender sound amp. More headroom than Notre Dame...what cab do you use? Love to have break up a little more....a pair of Celestion Blues would be good but it has so much grunt I'd be scared about the 20 watt mismatch
I'm packing a Mesa/Boogie 4x10, open back. So much chime and shimmer, and so 3D, it's a great cab. My MIG-50 was $300, brand new, and I used it with G2D serial number 11! Obviously we like similar tone! I'm currently looking to get the MIG-50 tone in a much smaller wattage head, but I don't know if I'll ever find it . . .

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Do you want clean or break up? For Fender tones that break up the Deluxe type tone is pretty good. Not as glassy as the Sovtek...but the Sovtek is more glassy than a Fender....but real Fender sparkle with no headroom! Perfect in my view. Kits are probably the best way to go since no one is making this sort of thing (well, Victoria and Mission excluded). Or maybe a silver face Deluxe....whuich ever way you look at it, the sound is very Fender!

I played the Sovtek through a 2x10 (Jensen P10 alnico's) for the whole....are you married to a woman by the name of Anna? Are we long lost brothers? Do you have a mark down by your....ah, never mind....just rubbed off....

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

Didn't Rob at freedom sell these TC Electronic units?

nzsimon1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by nzsimon1 »

We will have stock in the next week or so

Crazy Horse
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Crazy Horse »

nzsimon1 wrote:We will have stock in the next week or so
...and you are?...

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3992 times

Post by Bg »

Crazy Horse wrote:
nzsimon1 wrote:We will have stock in the next week or so
...and you are?...
Jansen :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.