Kinman to release noiseless Jazzmaster pickup!

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Kinman to release noiseless Jazzmaster pickup!

Post by mr_sooty »

My dreams have come true. I saw on a really old forum post (2008 ish) that Kinman were working on a noiseless Jazzmaster pickup, so I emailed them to ask whether it was still in the works. I got this reply:

"You have good timing, after 4 years in development we finalized our design for Jazzmaster just yesterday, you are first to know. Our engineers are now drawing all the components and tooling for CAD manufacturing. This takes time and we expect to have a product for sale in 2 or 3 months. Price is not finalized but I expect it will be about $125 to $140 including a cover.

One of the big problems we had with a replacement Jazzmaster pickup was designing a great sounding Zero-Hum pickup that was shallow enough to install in the shallow pickup cavity of Jazzmasters. After years of trying different approaches we finally cracked the nut so to speak. Our Zero-Hum Jazzmaster pickup will drop right into your guitar without having to modify anything."

Very exciting, I just hope it sounds good! Kinman has a great rep with their noiseless single coils so this could be awesome. If it sounds good it'll open the door wider for the Jazzmaster to become a serious option for the likes of myself.