P90s; who has an opinion?

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

corsair
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 4 times

P90s; who has an opinion?

Post by corsair »

You shy, retiring blokes will undoubtedly need to be gently coaxed into sharing your experiences/opinions, but what do y'all know about the Kent Armstrong P90s currently floating about on eBay?? I'd like to put a set in a modded guitar I'm rebuilding, and I have to say, the price is certainly right!!
There is no sort of aberrant behaviour that cannot be modified by use of the correct ammunition!

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Re: P90s; who has an opinion?

Post by Kris »

had a set in a jap SG-sounded decent as far as my lack of finesse goes!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

I had a set of three in my ash built custom, they were very good :) I upgraded needlessly to rio grande, in hindsight they didn't add anything
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

corsair wrote:You shy, retiring blokes will undoubtedly need to be gently coaxed into sharing your experiences/opinions, but what do y'all know about the Kent Armstrong P90s currently floating about on eBay?? I'd like to put a set in a modded guitar I'm rebuilding, and I have to say, the price is certainly right!!
Out of interest, what do they measure (output)?

Just looked up your location (because I'm nosy). Very nice it looks too.

MrDINO
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by MrDINO »

Just put a set of Harmonic Design P90s into my LP. It sounds way better to my ears than the HBs that were on board. Has more clarity and less mud...while retaining the bam factor

corsair
Gibson

Post by corsair »

Thanks, fellas; I'll invest in a set and we'll go from there!!

@Molly.... yeah, it's OK, really, and we're about 200m from the beach in Point Vernon. It is, however, full of Australians which takes the gloss off it a bit.... ;-)
There is no sort of aberrant behaviour that cannot be modified by use of the correct ammunition!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

I've had a few sets of kent armstrongs and they have been overall really good. I have been disappointed with tone riders but even then they are by no means bad.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

corsair wrote:Thanks, fellas; I'll invest in a set and we'll go from there!!

@Molly.... yeah, it's OK, really, and we're about 200m from the beach in Point Vernon. It is, however, full of Australians which takes the gloss off it a bit.... ;-)
I hadn't noticed you were up that way...I was up there a few months back looking at the new digital St Stephen's hospital. Lovely place - had a beer in that big pub on the waterfront.

And if you're visiting, it's pronounced Harvey Bay...the locals don't like you getting it wrong...
Attachments
Hervey Bay.JPG
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

philly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 126 times

Post by philly »

corsair wrote:Thanks, fellas; I'll invest in a set and we'll go from there!!

Queenslanders at that!
“Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.”

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

The worst kind - mostly Kiwi's
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Oh, and I love P90's. Without a doubt my favourite.

corsair
Gibson

Post by corsair »

Grant... my better half works at St Stephens; what kit were you looking at?!

Thanks everyone for the props on the P90s, eh - am sorting some out with the nice bloke wot is the agent!!

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

corsair wrote:Grant... my better half works at St Stephens; what kit were you looking at?!

Thanks everyone for the props on the P90s, eh - am sorting some out with the nice bloke wot is the agent!!
The whole thing mainly, but paticularly pharma management and patient care interfaces. They have a fancy repack machine there. Hey, that cafe at the end of the road makes a great pie!

corsair
Gibson

Post by corsair »

GrantB wrote:The worst kind - mostly Kiwi's
Yeah... there's apparently quite a few here, eh; loads of OAPs and out-of-work stoners with no wish to work - the oldies are from all over Aus and NZ and seem to use Hervey Bay as a base to join the grey nomad trek around the Lucky Country...

There's a whole lot of gated communities here full of OAPs.... gated communities... in Hervey Bay?!? Older Aussies seem to spend an awful lot of time being afraid of everything out there...

corsair
Gibson

Post by corsair »

GrantB wrote:
corsair wrote:Grant... my better half works at St Stephens; what kit were you looking at?!

The whole thing mainly, but paticularly pharma management and patient care interfaces. They have a fancy repack machine there. Hey, that cafe at the end of the road makes a great pie!

Ah, rightio... she's a sonographer so has little to do with that side of it!

Pies, mate?! You should have gone to Maryborough and got a Rick's Pie - nearly as good as a Jimmys or a McGregors from Otago!! :evil: