New bridge pickup for Tele

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 253 times

New bridge pickup for Tele

Post by The Scarecrow »

Hi all, time for some recommendations for me newly acquired Telecaster.

The stock single coil is actually not too bad, but I will probably recplace it first off with a single-sized 'bucker, probably a Kent Armstrong Hot Rails style one.

Just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions, maybe a noiseless Fender singlie?

chur
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

Tonally, what are you after? Modern or retro...?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!

Post by The Scarecrow »

*UNIQUE* wrote:Tonally, what are you after? Modern or retro...?
Probably something flexible for both, but if I had to choose, probalby more modern. I'd like something gainy, but not with the screech tele's get at high gain.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

Ash has those modern voiced pickups (can't remember name) which might be a good mix for you. I have a vintage style one on my Tele and I love it do bits - nice and biting but with some warmth in all the right places. Tele's are fricken cool.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Re: New bridge pickup for Tele

Post by rocklander »

The Scarecrow wrote:Hi all, time for some recommendations for me newly acquired Telecaster.

The stock single coil is actually not too bad, but I will probably recplace it first off with a single-sized 'bucker, probably a Kent Armstrong Hot Rails style one.

Just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions, maybe a noiseless Fender singlie?

chur
I want in on this - I'm completely clueless as to what I want or need, but am thinking about trying to lose some of the noise I get on high gain. To be honest, I'm a singer that needs to play a bit of gat out of necessity (certainly moreso than ability :? ), but was wondering if there's any kinda good starting place. Got a pretty standard mex tele with maple neck. any advice given glady accepted.
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Jops
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Jops »

What happened with that 69ri that you had a bid on? That gat was smokin!! I gots a black s/h SD hotrails for tele but if you're gona put it in a 69ri then forget it. :shock:

Tele's r da hawtness!!

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

I'm not a big fan of the rails type pickups unless there are no other options. Luckily there is the SD 'lil '59 for tele and if it is anything like the one in C^8's Mustang, it is wukkud as.

Stacks are arse, in my opinion. I'd rather have a SD Quarter Pound and live with the noise.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head

Post by crushing day »

A Muy Grande Tele Bridge will dominate your face off nicely :)
what we've got here is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!

Post by The Scarecrow »

Jops wrote:What happened with that 69ri that you had a bid on? That gat was smokin!! I gots a black s/h SD hotrails for tele but if you're gona put it in a 69ri then forget it. :shock:

Tele's r da hawtness!!
I was bidding via text and got held up at work. Hopefully I can pick it up via offer.

Jops
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Jops »

I won't sell you the Hotrail, only cos I care about you :wink: Ash is right about them except I would stretch it to all HB singles. IME they definately colour the sound of your guitar and rob the sweetness out of it (especially if your guitar is designed around a SC sound). I hope you get that 69ri 8)

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!

Post by The Scarecrow »

Jops wrote:I won't sell you the Hotrail, only cos I care about you :wink: Ash is right about them except I would stretch it to all HB singles. IME they definately colour the sound of your guitar and rob the sweetness out of it (especially if your guitar is designed around a SC sound). I hope you get that 69ri 8)
I'd be looking at keeping it stock unless there was major feedback, I've recently got more into single coils since I got my Ibanez Super 70's Lawsuit strat, lovely tones.

AndyS
Ashton
Ashton

Post by AndyS »

If you havent heard a Rio Grande I suggest you give one a go, I really love mine.
SELLING - Schecter C1 Classic
Bose outdoor speakers
10" Kicker square subwoofer
6' Ethan round outdoor table + 5 pews
4x sunloungers (perfect going into winter!)

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

The Scarecrow wrote:
Jops wrote:I won't sell you the Hotrail, only cos I care about you :wink: Ash is right about them except I would stretch it to all HB singles. IME they definately colour the sound of your guitar and rob the sweetness out of it (especially if your guitar is designed around a SC sound). I hope you get that 69ri 8)
I'd be looking at keeping it stock unless there was major feedback, I've recently got more into single coils since I got my Ibanez Super 70's Lawsuit strat, lovely tones.
you strat bitch, you....!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.