Sky P90, 250k or 500k vol?

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Timi
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Sky P90, 250k or 500k vol?

Post by Timi »

Im gonna be putting one of those Sky P90s in a friends guitar soon, just wondering what people would recommend for the vol put I will also be changing.

Also, has anyone tried this pickup?

Thanks.

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

500k is the one. If you find its too bright (unlikely) then 250k might be better.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head

Re: Sky P90, 250k or 500k vol?

Post by crushing day »

Timi wrote:Im gonna be putting one of those Sky P90s in a friends guitar soon, just wondering what people would recommend for the vol put I will also be changing.

Also, has anyone tried this pickup?

Thanks.
The SKY P90's were the stock pickup in the mid 1990's Ibanez P90 equipped JS700's.
Nice P90 pickups - If you are in Wgtn, pop into Weta and talk to Mal. He's used them in his own guitars, and he put a set in a custom tele for a customer.... all with excellent customer feedback.
He's just finished another Weta with 2 of the hum cancelling versions if you want to hear them also. I've also sold a couple of sets to other guys building their own P90 tele's.

Cheers :)

Iain
what we've got here is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Are the Skys Alnico or Ceramic magnet?

I have a set of JS700 pickups which are ceramic and a set of CSP P90s which look identical except that they are Alnico loaded.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand