Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

aliasceiza
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Direct VS ambient?

Post by aliasceiza »

slash-ed wrote:
aliasceiza wrote:
It's funny, acoustic drums VS Electric drums, how is that different from acoustic guitar VS electric guitar?
I would suggest that it's quite different in the respect that acoustic guitar is not a form of "modelling" as it were.

I reckon you'd learn more about playing dynamically using an acoustic kit, if you're forced to adapt to being too loud or too soft. I find that with electronic drums I'm free to bash the drums as hard as I want, but I can cinch down the volume anyway...
A valid point, but I was talking from a technologically progressive point of view!

Imagine 20 years from now, with the moddelling stuff the way it is at the moment, and how fast it's all changing...a couple of generations down the track and tubes will be a quaint little side note used by a bunch of pureists in the lunatic fringe!

A band with a couple of guitarists with their guitars and belt packs full of gismos to make all these awesome sounds via their USB ports...an acoustic drum kit will look a little odd on stage!

And, yes, I know it happened once already in the 80s when they invented the transistor, but technology grows, tubes don't!

Don't get me wrong, I use tubes myself, I'm talking generally'

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3992 times

Post by Bg »

don't you believe it.... guitarists are naturally a pack of luddites, they still wet themselves purely at the thought of a 60 year old guitar design ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 257 times

Post by Capt. Black »

BG wrote:don't you believe it.... guitarists are naturally a pack of luddites, they still wet themselves purely at the thought of a 60 year old guitar design ;)

So does that mean, guitarists what can't come to grips with the idea of a Steinberger are ... Headless Chickens?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3992 times

Post by Bg »

Capt. Black wrote:
BG wrote:don't you believe it.... guitarists are naturally a pack of luddites, they still wet themselves purely at the thought of a 60 year old guitar design ;)

So does that mean, guitarists what can't come to grips with the idea of a Steinberger are ... Headless Chickens?
BADOOOOM TING! Try the veal... ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.