Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

spasm6
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Playing metal

Post by spasm6 »

For some reason Winamp is so unstable for me.
I've downloaded the latest version and it works fine for a few months then suddenly I can't access the media library etc..

On topic, I can't recommend Guitar Pro enough, it's basically tab synched with midi. You can speed/slow it down, change keys.. whatever. Not to mention the song sizes are usually less than 40kb.
AXES | Ibanez AS-103BM
FX | Sonic Research Turbo Tuner > AMT Japanese Girl Wah > Jetter Jetdrive > CMAT Mods Analog Chorus > Way Huge Supa-puss Analog Delay
AMP | Blackstar HT-20

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 415 times

Post by dayl »

Man, learning MOP is a damn good call.

Then after that learn all of Rust in Peace.

I know they are both old, but between the two you will be prepped for anything.

borge
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by borge »

alf wrote:
sty wrote:
hamo wrote:... You can get some software for your PC and Mac for free I think that allows you to play back an mp3 slowed down (or speeded up) without changing the temp. Usually the same program also allows you to change the pitch of a song which is great if the original recording is tuned down half a step and your in standard tuning and don't want to tune down....
I use BestPractice for this, though my needs are pretty basic it lets you load an mp3 then play back at different speeds while keeping the pitch. Has pitch adjustment as well. Worth a look (completely free)
+1 to Best Practice, it's what I used before I got a Tascam GT CD-2 (similar functions in a portable discman like format)
Being able to pan to the guitar part you want, cancel the vocals, slow it down, loop a couple bars and tune the song to your guitar makes it so easy it feels like cheating.

IMO the sooner you stop learning from tab the better, it's a massive crutch and will only hold you back.

war-wolf
Gibson

Post by war-wolf »

i was gonna suggest learning all of "reign in blood".thats what i did,shame i wussed out on the downpicking.....and now im too old to nail it! ha ha.
Moser 10- BCR ironbird custom 7-Gibson Voodoo sg-
Sunn O)))model T - SunnO))4x12"-EHX Cathedral-EHX POG2-digitech EX7-boss rc2-ibanez de7-
Marshall jcm 800 silver jubilee combo(2558)-Blackwidow 15"

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by xCaptainx »

NZRS-Dave wrote:xCaptainx ... that first track was awesome ... haven't listened to the second track yet, but that first was was awesome.

Wait ... I said that already;
haha I just relised I had uploaded the wrong track 1, without the guitar solo. I've uploaded the right one again. Funnily enough it's the guitar solo we were talking about in the other thread!

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 645 times
Been liked: 815 times

Post by hamo »

You guys rock - literally! All the awesome help in this thread plus all your kickass music. I feels priveleged to share an internet with yas, so I does. 8)
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster