Slide in standard tuning

Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

RuBear
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Slide in standard tuning

Post by RuBear »

Haven't seen that Brett Garsed one, cheers.

When I said behind the slide I meant pushing the string down so that it runs under the slide while the slide plays all the other strings. Eg. Em9 on the A string: x7577x, where the slide frets all the strings (except the D string) and the first finger plays the G note on the D string. Counter intuitive at first, but try it and it'll work if you have a mid-high action.

This explains it better, skip to 3 mins

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LdVRCUE ... re=related[/youtube]

Keep in mind that the video is in E tuning whereas my explanation above was in standard. The technique works in any tuning though.
Ok I got rid of my Foal quote, but I found a new one.
foal30 wrote:some 80's metal makes me want to dress up like a woman, just like they did back in the day.
is this sort of what you mean?

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Slide in standard tuning

Post by Hot_Grits »

RuBear wrote:Haven't seen that Brett Garsed one, cheers.

When I said behind the slide I meant pushing the string down so that it runs under the slide while the slide plays all the other strings. Eg. Em9 on the A string: x7577x, where the slide frets all the strings (except the D string) and the first finger plays the G note on the D string. Counter intuitive at first, but try it and it'll work if you have a mid-high action.

This explains it better, skip to 3 mins

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LdVRCUE ... re=related[/youtube]

Keep in mind that the video is in E tuning whereas my explanation above was in standard. The technique works in any tuning though.
Yeah it's a pretty cool technique. I remember really liking sonny's first album yeons ago but I've lost touch with his work in recent years. Heck of a player.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?