Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

stuu
PRS McCarty
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by stuu »

yeah, my last post was all tongue-in-cheek, sorry if it wasnt taken in such a way.

i dunno man, i find it weird that people complain about it, i just think if you dont like it then dont play there. i see the KA (and the studio) as a venue, not a pub, theres hardly any people there when gigs aren't on. people dont go to the KA to hang out, they go to see bands. it's like complaining about the price petrol, if you need it you'll buy it, if you can't justify the purchase then why spend the money and complain?

meh, just my 2c. it's hard enough to get a booking at KA even in the slow season, so for all the negative opinions on the issue there's still a hell of a lot of people prepared to pay the fee because at the end of the day the KA is a great venue.

...you want outrageous overheads? try booking The Studio....

sgt mukuzi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sgt mukuzi »

stuu wrote:
...you want outrageous overheads? try booking The Studio....
Yea the studio is a strange one. 180db drums in der fur sure....

I’ve had a beer in the public bar at the KA,
I think/know Auckland lacks a pub culture, bands should be hanging at the public bar supporting the venue not glued to a bloody TV video game or poncing around bars and cafes talking about how good the band is or how your shiny shirt matches the metal grill on the triple rec.
Melbourne HAD a band scene in the late 80`s early 90`s (before door deals…) everyone I knew hung at the empress or the punters or the tote, everybody knew everybody else and the scene was healthy, bands got paid $300 to play at the punters or tote mid week!, some places started paying bands $50 and the rest followed, the door went from $2 to $8 and the scene died.
Bands should be using venues around town and relying on free publicity not sucking up to some business school wannabe band promoter and hanging on the shirttails of the promoters sisters friends band they haven’t even heard.
We should be using halls and small venues to promote our wares, Auckland city council has a lax attitude to liquor licensing so if we did book a hall and could be bothered getting an overnight boozes licence and running the night professionally in terms of sound and bar, bands could make a lot of money. But in reality when this happens some ones friend stuffs it up by being a wanker.