ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

WHAT A WANKER!!

Lets play a game of Count the Cliches :lol:
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

Nice hair cut. But how many hammer ons can you do with high gain. :P

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Not my style, but a talented bastard all the same - should be banned.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

borge
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by borge »

in the right hands i bet that guitar could make some beautiful music, its a shame that guy got hold of it

DBM Music

Post by DBM Music »

Who is it?

Its funny ay

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

That's Michael Angelo Batio. He's actually really good, but never really left the 80's behind (not necessarily a bad thing :wink: ). His technique is just about flawless, probably one of the fastest guitar players in the world.

He came to NZ a whole lot of years ago and did a clinic. One of the few times I've seen a room full of guitarists that haven't had the typical arms folded stance, with the "pffft, I can do that" look on their faces... Got to talk to him after that show and he is a really funny and genuinely nice guy. In the clinic he played some of the best acoustic blues and jazz I have ever heard, as well as that twin necked guitar, playing hammer on arpeggios while lifting the guitar over his head without missing a note :twisted: .

Unfortunately he has based his career on playing ten million notes per second, which will of course label him a total freak :roll:

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Michael (poodle boy) Angelo is a freak ;) And he's not human either - he's some sort of guitar-playing cyborg. He has been rebuilt. ;) When he plays I think of the 6 Million Dollar Man: DUH DUh Duh duh duh duH dUH DUH.... :P

His faster stuff (not talking about the "look at me I'm playing two guitars at once" stuffin that video excerpt - he says himself that's all about putting on a show, rather than making worthwhile music) tends to be a bit too scalar for my personal tastes - but something like "No Boundaries" makes one hell of an exercise :shock: And when he refrains from the scalar stuff for a while, he plays some really nice stuff.

That vid though, is just showing off - and in the full video where he talks about it, he makes that clear. The first prototype of that guitar had just one output for both pickups, so of course when they went into one distorted amp all he got was awful noise. - But he looked at the audience and they were going nuts for it, so he kept going. 8) He knows it's just wankerrific showing off, but hey, he can do it, and his audiences love it, so why the hell not? :D
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Zakk Wylde
Bourbon soaked 6-string demon

Post by Zakk Wylde »

Tsuken wrote:Michael (poodle boy) tends to be a bit too scalar for my personal tastes...

And when he refrains from the scalar stuff for a while, he plays some really nice stuff.
This is true.

He's pretty fricken unbelievable.

>Ash, count the cliches is exactly what I was thinking! Ha!

Zakk Wylde
Bourbon soaked 6-string demon

Post by Zakk Wylde »

Check out the face and pose he assumes at 1:36.

Its like a squatting pout thingy. Its bloody crack up.

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

:lol: I still think Yngwie on the 2004 G3 dvd is funnier ... but that's some pretty funny samick alright :D

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

tasty
Stagg
Stagg

Post by tasty »

started off pretty boring....
but that double hand legato was juz awesome o_O

Sicklehut
Tokai
Tokai

Post by Sicklehut »

Tsuken wrote::lol: I still think Yngwie on the 2004 G3 dvd is funnier ... but that's some pretty funny samick alright :D
You mean that fat bloke playing the stratocaster ...
I woke up this morning and said to myself
Self what a great day it is for Rock and Roll ...

philipnz
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by philipnz »

I was in Dick Smith Electronics on Sunday and playing on the TV's on display was presumably the G3 dvd you mentioned. Satriani and Vai looked kinda normal but that fat guy with the strat, hair and bangles lookd like the biggest wanker in the world.
Never put down to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

He slings his guitar round on its strap once per minute for the first song :lol: liberally interspersed with "dramatic" kicks out towards the audience.

I figure Yngwie is like the Ozzy Osbourne of guitar. ;) He's got older (and fatter), but otherwise just hasn't changed since the 80s. At all.

Here be bloggins