Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 640 times
Been liked: 808 times

Re: Fractured finger

Post by hamo »

Danger Mouse wrote:
jeremyb wrote:No point massaging until the break has healed, then you wanna give it a rub and see how far you can bend it (gently) a few times, a few times a day... Until you get full range of movement back again :)
It's more when it's started healing, because if you wait for it to fully heal, it's too late. I was working on my movement and getting massages a week after the break, but it was gentle and careful, the intensity increasing as it it got stronger and healed further.
How long did healing take? Cos I've had this for going on three months now without improvement, pain-wise anyway. Should I splint it from this point on you reckon?

And yes, I know somewhere Kris is causing mayhem through double full stacks and calling me a pussy. :mrgreen:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

ROFL!
in a way i sympathise as i think its almost worst to have the digit there where you can see it ,and not having it work properly. MY index finger that had the skin graft is like that,bends only about 70% and makes me swear and curse no end.my soltion was to add another guitarist to play all my rythym parts so i can just do big drones with the eventide space :clap:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7782 times
Been liked: 4208 times

Post by jeremyb »

I'm kinda surprised it's still not healed crack wise! But when I broke bones in the top of my foot sparring it took a few months, sucked in winter too as the cold made it hurt :(
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

jeremyb wrote:I'm kinda surprised it's still not healed crack wise! But when I broke bones in the top of my foot sparring it took a few months, sucked in winter too as the cold made it hurt :(
On the xrays it looked like a chunk was missing.

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

You were talking about the finger pain long before your back dude, hense our joking that the back would take your mind off your finger.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 666 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

hamo wrote:
Danger Mouse wrote:
jeremyb wrote:No point massaging until the break has healed, then you wanna give it a rub and see how far you can bend it (gently) a few times, a few times a day... Until you get full range of movement back again :)
It's more when it's started healing, because if you wait for it to fully heal, it's too late. I was working on my movement and getting massages a week after the break, but it was gentle and careful, the intensity increasing as it it got stronger and healed further.
How long did healing take? Cos I've had this for going on three months now without improvement, pain-wise anyway. Should I splint it from this point on you reckon?

And yes, I know somewhere Kris is causing mayhem through double full stacks and calling me a pussy. :mrgreen:
It took about 3 months for it to be completely healed. For you, I'd say get it looked at again and see if there's an issue with the way it's healed and find out what can be done. I'd have thought if everything was as it should be, you'd be out of pain by now, but of course I'm no doctor.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

Polar Bear wrote:You were talking about the finger pain long before your back dude, hense our joking that the back would take your mind off your finger.
Yeah, I remember, thing is it was a really minor OOS like pain from memory (which is admittedly a bit patchy), and has been chronic ever since.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

If it is just a fracture it should heal OK if they fix it right and it is given time to heal properly. Sometimes the body overcompensates for injury and grows bone where it shouldn't, like happened with how my spinal cord got messed up. I also i have growth of bone on my knuckle from an injury that i kept working on instead of allowing to heal. It rubs against the tendons etc and causes a lot of pain when playing guitar. i just tried to go to 10 gauge string but they were too much for the injury, so perhaps when you get back to playing go to lighter strings for a while.
The back injury is more of a concern though isn't it? Hopefully you did not damage your spinal cord etc. Discs too. When they pop they do not tend to heal very well and can collapse like mine did. Careful not to take a "she'll be right" attitude with it or let them fob you off with half arsed treatment, or you could end up with permanent damage, pain and disability like me. It ain't no fun being on hard drugs all the time, although maybe it helps with playing Kossoth stuff or whatever, hehe.
All the best with it huh.

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

I think I've fractured my elbow. XRays were inconclusive but I'm in a sling. Two gigs this week too. Gaye.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3524 times
Been liked: 724 times

Post by Cdog »

ouchies... hope you recover quickly

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

Aquila Rosso wrote:If it is just a fracture it should heal OK if they fix it right and it is given time to heal properly. Sometimes the body overcompensates for injury and grows bone where it shouldn't, like happened with how my spinal cord got messed up. I also i have growth of bone on my knuckle from an injury that i kept working on instead of allowing to heal. It rubs against the tendons etc and causes a lot of pain when playing guitar. i just tried to go to 10 gauge string but they were too much for the injury, so perhaps when you get back to playing go to lighter strings for a while.
The back injury is more of a concern though isn't it? Hopefully you did not damage your spinal cord etc. Discs too. When they pop they do not tend to heal very well and can collapse like mine did. Careful not to take a "she'll be right" attitude with it or let them fob you off with half arsed treatment, or you could end up with permanent damage, pain and disability like me. It ain't no fun being on hard drugs all the time, although maybe it helps with playing Kossoth stuff or whatever, hehe.
All the best with it huh.
Cheers, I think I've been pretty lucky, with just the one vertebra being fractured and no corollary damage anywhere else.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 698 times

Post by AiRdAd »

mr_sooty wrote:I think I've fractured my elbow. XRays were inconclusive but I'm in a sling. Two gigs this week too. Gaye.
sorry to hear that Cam, How did you do it?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Edwards
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Edwards »

There's always the wooden alternative
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7IKj9Yme2w[/youtube]
ESP Edwards Jimmy Page Les Paul / ESP Eclipse > Rivera Quiana 212
We are the Christians that the devil warned you about

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

Just got back from the follow up appointment from my ct scan. No fracture, the hole in the bone is apparently degenerative and I'm stuck with it for life, no treatment that can help.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7782 times
Been liked: 4208 times

Post by jeremyb »

Stink bums :(
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.