Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Voxshall
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

NPD x2

Post by Voxshall »

CXM and Harmonious Monk came in the post today and my goodness are there some incredible sounding pedals being made these days, I can just get lost for hours.

murky
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 294 times

Re: NPD x2

Post by murky »

Ooof. Is there room on the board?

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

murky wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:53 pm Ooof. Is there room on the board?
The Harmonious Monk is going on my small board and the CXM on the big board under the hatch controlled by the G3 using midi. I've always used the Provibe on the Captain Coconut for my Tremolo sounds and vice versa but my initial impression is the Hamonious Monk might be a bit more versatile. Now I need to stop buying pedals so I can get myself a sweet vintage Les Paul :lol: .

MattAnt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by MattAnt »

Maaaate you got the cxm on trademe? Nice.

You should put the cxm on top, you might find yourself twiddling those faders a bit, plus it looks badass!
Scarecrow101 on TradeMe

JoeBlow
Gibson
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 207 times

Post by JoeBlow »

You've got great pedals there.

Sorry to go off topic, but with the G3, can you assign a particular pedal to be activated with the clean channel of your amp? Say you were on the dirty channel, and wanted to go to your clean with your camouflage at the same time?

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

JoeBlow wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:40 pm You've got great pedals there.

Sorry to go off topic, but with the G3, can you assign a particular pedal to be activated with the clean channel of your amp? Say you were on the dirty channel, and wanted to go to your clean with your camouflage at the same time?
You've rapidly shown yourself to be a new found brother so I'll offer you some advice:

"Sorry to go off topic"

If we didn't go off topic in threads, we wouldn't have a clue where we were.
It's a stream of consciousness thing........ :rofl:

And welcome!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Slowy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:49 pm

You've rapidly shown yourself to be a new found brother so I'll offer you some advice:

"Sorry to go off topic"

And welcome!
It's true, I'm surprised the feet and toes thread hasn't swung around to hats yet...
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

JoeBlow
Gibson
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 207 times

Post by JoeBlow »

Slowy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:49 pm

"Sorry to go off topic"

And welcome!
:lol: Thank you . I was going to wait a bit, so I wouldn't derail the praise for the awesome pedals early on in the piece.

Chase Bliss pedals are amazing. Look at that big retro looking thing. I like how they collaborate with other companies regularly, in order to make the best pedal possible. It's also good to see the head guy not shy away from presenting his creations at trade shows, etc, with having a stutter. No need to.

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

You could do that if the amp had multiple inputs for different channels like vintage Fender, Marshalls, Vox. I'm running two amps, you can send overdrive to both amps then send the tremolo and delay in parallel to one of the amps then send the reverb in both amps in stereo at the end or something else that sounds great is send the effects 100% wet to a clean amp and run the other amp dirty.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Voxshall wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:32 am

You could do that if the amp had multiple inputs for different channels like vintage Fender, Marshalls, Vox. I'm running two amps, you can send overdrive to both amps then send the tremolo and delay in parallel to one of the amps then send the reverb in both amps in stereo at the end or something else that sounds great is send the effects 100% wet to a clean amp and run the other amp dirty.
Do you play in a band? I ask because I tried using a stereo rig. It sounded great on its own but was more trouble than it was worth live.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

You can’t hide the cxm away!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

Slowy wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:51 am

Do you play in a band? I ask because I tried using a stereo rig. It sounded great on its own but was more trouble than it was worth live.
I do play in a band, what was the trouble you had?

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Voxshall wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:10 am
Slowy wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:51 am

I do play in a band, what was the trouble you had?
Biggest problem was with modulation and delay. The slightest variation of timing and it was a trainwreck.
Then there's all the extra stuff to carry.
Fact is, with talent as teeny as mine, it's best to keep things very sinple. :rofl:

Are you the only guitar in your band? That would help.

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:32 am You can’t hide the cxm away!!
I hear you it would look cool watching the faders change position, but with the lift up lid on the board it's easy to change settings and create presets. I spent 3 months on Pedal playground trying to optimise space to get the most pedals in a smaller width board and having the CXM up top would create to much wasted space around the tuner, I also needed to fit two amps and the pedalboard on a small collapsible trolly, so with a guitar strapped on my back I can take the entire setup in one trip, so definitely don't want to go any bigger on the board size.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Yes, absolutely.