Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

malevolentsparkle
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

acoustic guitar EQ

Post by malevolentsparkle »

this has been bothering me for a while.
How come, even with an acoustic amp, you have to scoop the mids a whole lot on an acoustic guitar to get anything that sounds like an acoustic? why do acoustic pickups put out so much mids when the guitar doesnt?

this just seems stupid, if acoustic tone is low in the mids, what posseses pickup manufactures to make mid heavy pups? am i missing something here?
'71 Epiphone EA-250 (JP) or 84' Ibanez Roadstar II -> MXR Super Comp Compressor -> Ernie Ball VPjr -> Bluesberry Hotcake -> Visual Sound H2O V3 Chorus/Delay -> MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay -> '68 Jansen Bassman 50 -> Carvin 2x12 Celestion Seventy80 Cab

malevolentsparkle
Ashton
Ashton

so nobody knows?
'71 Epiphone EA-250 (JP) or 84' Ibanez Roadstar II -> MXR Super Comp Compressor -> Ernie Ball VPjr -> Bluesberry Hotcake -> Visual Sound H2O V3 Chorus/Delay -> MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay -> '68 Jansen Bassman 50 -> Carvin 2x12 Celestion Seventy80 Cab

simon_ishtar
Stagg
Stagg

Post by simon_ishtar »

AS I understand it a piezo is what it is, a magnetic piece of rock with fairly even freq response. I like a certain amount of mid on an acoustic but will try to notch the freqs that feed back. Could be the fault of myself and my ilk liking some mids?

malevolentsparkle
Ashton
Ashton

AS I understand it a piezo is what it is, a magnetic piece of rock with fairly even freq response
but if that was the case then it would sound more or less the same as unamplified, but it clearly doesnt.

Post by 1964 »

And some guys reckon acoustic (piezo) pickups are rather transparent in their quackiness! :lol:

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

I struggle with my Electro acoustic sound. It really doesn't quite sound the money to me. I got a Behringer DI box that sourt of kills the sound more. But I find the little Behringer 3 channel mixer gets alot better results. But I would will to get something with more Eq options on it.