matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 49 times

Re: Tone Seekers - Your Personal Best Tone

Post by matman »

Danger Mouse wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:52 pm My personal best tone isn't mine, but Matman will never part with the amp responsible.
Well if the planets align and I kark it before you do, and none of my 3 guitar playing sons want it, you're welcome to make my wife an offer (for the amp that is)🤣
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

matman wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:01 pm
Danger Mouse wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:52 pm My personal best tone isn't mine, but Matman will never part with the amp responsible.
Well if the planets align and I kark it before you do, and none of my 3 guitar playing sons want it, you're welcome to make my wife an offer (for the amp that is)🤣
What's the amp?

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

Being able to crank up a good amp and using an old Echoplex has me lost for hours, but I don’t get opportunities to play that loud anymore and an old Echoplex is a pain in the arse to carry around.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Be careful what you offer, I can have someone help start to align those planets for me... 😉

I still keep thinking about and am very temped by your offer to let me have it cloned, but just have other priorities at the moment.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Molly wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:05 am
What's the amp?
A Ryan custom build. I haven't played through the finished version, but a late prototype down at a Tronfest.

It has easily the thickest, chunkiest, aggressive yet polished, modern high gain tone of any amp I've ever played through.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

matman wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:32 pm
higainer wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:42 pm Les Paul with Suhr Aldrich pickups into a Jose modded Mojave Peacemaker thru matching 4x12 loaded with M75 Scumbacks.
Aye, t'was glorious!
That Mojave Peacemaker of yours is fantastic!!!
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

I've been thinking about this but for myself, I can't easily separate tone, feel and context. I tweak stuff until it sits well in the mix and sitting well means it feels comfortable to play so I enjoy what I'm doing and the result sounds good. Then on to the next song which may require something different.

I've got used to my two main amps, Optimus and the Jansen. I'm not silly enough to say they sound better than other amps but they certainly sound familiar to me and that's useful. Timmy, Archer and Flint take care of the tweaking.

Best tones?
G&L Legacy: Vintage Strat.
Korinacaster: Fat Tele
Arps: I'm loving the feel of this thing; so tiny and lightweight with a big P90 sound.
Tom Anderson Strat style (Oleg's): Best dirt tones I've ever had.
Jazzmaster partscaster (Oleg's): Maybe this. I could sit at home all day listening to this thing. For huge spanky clean tone, there's nothing like it. (Except everything Strummers owns.)

And if I'm just working on stuff at home, my ZT Lunchbox sounds really good. Go figure.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

ChAoZ
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 291 times

Post by ChAoZ »

Charvel 650XL into 100w JCM900 with a Rocket quad box loaded with Celestions,
Bass - 9 : Mids - 2 : Treble - 6 : Gain - 10
Ultimate Jazz and Reggae setup :)