The RESCHEDULING of the Bull Kelp Surfers Portland Public House

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 261 times

Re: The Bull Kelp Surfers July 5th Portland Public House

Post by Capt. Black »

crowbgood1 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:26 pm Oh yes, and absolutely enjoyed you show, and, that poster is amazing! Who's the artist?
Bull Kelp Surfers. :P

crowbgood1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 374 times
Been liked: 270 times

Post by crowbgood1 »

Capt. Black wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:52 pm
crowbgood1 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:26 pm Oh yes, and absolutely enjoyed you show, and, that poster is amazing! Who's the artist?
Bull Kelp Surfers. :P
Oh, 👍 thanks.

🤔
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 869 times
Been liked: 1402 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Well it’s nabbed off a very old adventure novel. Artist unknown

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1032 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Post by Slowy »

Capt. Black wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:07 pm The first (only) time I seen you guys was at the Portland with Slowy.
I had my first ever asthma attack! I don’t necessarily blame you guys or the venue. But I’m never going to watch your band again… without an inhaler handy.

Slowy, fancy some company?
Hell yeah Boss Man! Want me to pick you up? It will be the middle of winter....

For anyone in proximity on the day, this will be an Event. Come along. The music is great but the real entertainment is watching every beautiful woman in the room fall at Strummer's feet. :rofl:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 1454 times

Post by robthemac »

Slowy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:50 pm
Capt. Black wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:07 pm The first (only) time I seen you guys was at the Portland with Slowy.
I had my first ever asthma attack! I don’t necessarily blame you guys or the venue. But I’m never going to watch your band again… without an inhaler handy.

For anyone in proximity on the day, this will be an Event. Come along. The music is great but the real entertainment is watching every beautiful woman in the room fall at Strummer's feet. :rofl:
If my roster allows, I'll make it down to decrease the average attendee age by a few years (and the average prostate volume by a few mL).
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7928 times
Been liked: 4268 times

Post by jeremyb »

Rolf Harris I believe!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

robthemac wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:55 pm

If my roster allows, I'll make it down to decrease the average attendee age by a few years (and the average prostate volume by a few mL).
Your sacrifice will be applauded. I do tend to mess with desirable averages.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:58 pm
Rolf Harris I believe!
Banned. That despicable asshole was my childhood hero. Even today, I feel sullied and dirty. I do not appreciate this at all.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1363 times
Been liked: 911 times

Post by MikeC »

Rolf Harris I believe!
Makes sense, it must be why his nickname is "the octopus" :eh: :wtf:
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7928 times
Been liked: 4268 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:04 pm
Rolf Harris I believe!
Banned. That despicable asshole was my childhood hero. Even today, I feel sullied and dirty. I do not appreciate this at all.
Tie me kangaroo down sport! I had no idea, sorry!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

To be fair Bruce, I think you attended on an exceptional evening.... if my memory serves me .. two recovery room nurses (one who'm Id previously dated, and one whom I was yet to date) decided it would be fun to swap undergarments on the dance floor. Be very clear, this was definitely and outlier event in the otherwise underwhelming landscape of my lovelife! But its funny you recall it . I still think about it from time to time :crazy:

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Rob, will you be offering volume checks at the door?
Rob, sadly, youll find you are older than the average dive bar attendee in Kingsland by a decade so put that in your prostate and smoke it. The NZG guitar elders will be esteemed guests of the band and not segregated by gland volume!

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 261 times

Post by Capt. Black »

😂😂😂😂

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:49 pm

To be fair Bruce, I think you attended on an exceptional evening.... if my memory serves me .. two recovery room nurses (one who'm Id previously dated, and one whom I was yet to date) decided it would be fun to swap undergarments on the dance floor. Be very clear, this was definitely and outlier event in the otherwise underwhelming landscape of my lovelife! But its funny you recall it . I still think about it from time to time :crazy:
I'm sure you protest too much. And it's not at all funny I recall it. I'm still a man and the event was spectacular! I'd follow the Surfers anywhere in the hope of a repeat. :rofl:

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 1454 times

Post by robthemac »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:53 pm

Rob, will you be offering volume checks at the door?
Rob, sadly, youll find you are older than the average dive bar attendee in Kingsland by a decade so put that in your prostate and smoke it. The NZG guitar elders will be esteemed guests of the band and not segregated by gland volume!
When the manager of the bar told you that he'd be doing volume checks throughout the night, I don't think that's what he was referring to.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.