Moderator: Capt. Black

bender
Darth Fader
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Re: Templeboards - New Pedalboard Designs

Post by bender »

jeremyb wrote:3M dual lock fixes all, but I've never had an issue with the stuff that comes with the various pedaltrains I've owned, tis sticky as hell, unless you're trying to get boss pedals to stick to it...
It only seems to be a problem on some pedals, on others it sticks like a mofo. I have a few that are absolutely fine, until you go to remove them and then the adhesive peels off, leaving the velcro strip on the board.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7686 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

benderissimo wrote:
jeremyb wrote:3M dual lock fixes all, but I've never had an issue with the stuff that comes with the various pedaltrains I've owned, tis sticky as hell, unless you're trying to get boss pedals to stick to it...
It only seems to be a problem on some pedals, on others it sticks like a mofo. I have a few that are absolutely fine, until you go to remove them and then the adhesive peels off, leaving the velcro strip on the board.
Mmmmm luckily haven't had that except with boss pedals, I might manufacture some replacement bottoms for boss pedals, make a killing!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

Cable ties are uurrrgggly. Perhaps with velcro its the move and remove and change thing which weakens the glue?
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by SimonHirst »

If you're having problems getting velcro to stick to the rubber of Boss pedals you can just pull that rubber bit off and put the velcro straight on to the metal surface.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

jeremyb wrote: Mmmmm luckily haven't had that except with boss pedals, I might manufacture some replacement bottoms for boss pedals, make a killing!
I'm sure one of the DIY FX sites had a whole lot made and were selling them to TPG blues lawyer types

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

A trick for removing pedals without weakening the velcro adhesion - slide a bread knife along the pedalboard under the pedal. I've swapped and changed pedals lots of times without the velcro coming unstuck.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Powergrip / 3m dual lock are awesome. They're a bit expensive though and you do need very small pieces on the pedal otherwise it can be hard to get off. Velcro glue melts and cable ties are ugly.

I don't use many pedals or move them often so I just screw them into the board (bike chain style).

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 837 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

I reckon its the heat that makes the Velcro slip... my house gets pretty hot during the day in summer (gets over 50degrees in the ceiling and we have a DVS pumping that in), loosens the glue, gravity does the rest.

Might look into the 3m stuff, but best option is probably to modify my expectations and store my pedalboard flat in summer.

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by handsoffmatt »

I've been talking to this company and saw them at NAMM too.

The product is utterly brilliant,their mounting solution is great and having the modular end panels with jack connections etc is something I've had on my board for years and wished someone would do it commercially.

The only thing that has slowed me down on bringing these in is the fact that once you factor in the board, all of the mounting plates, and shipping over here, they end up being not a cheap pedal board at all. Most NZ customers seem to prefer shopping on the budget end of the scale, so I'm not sure how viable it will be to sell them in any great number.

But yeah. Brilliant boards.
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage
Acoustic: Cole Clark/Godin/Takamine/Taylor
Amps: BOSS Katana Head / Friedman Smallbox

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

You sum it up pretty well. Good to know they're in conversation with you Matt.
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...