Whose boards Special K?
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by Kev77 »

A couple of guitar fiend brosephs. Not members.
The reverb btw doesn’t do the drip, to my expectations.
I
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

Jops
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Jops »

Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.
Wash your mouth out!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.
:lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

The Dude
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by The Dude »

Hi. I've followed the forum for a while but figured I would ask around for some help by way of introducing myself. I've been finally formalising my pedals on a board with the help of another member here (clubhouse) and he suggested I ask you guys for help with a little problem I've hit. Here's my board to date

pedalboard.jpg
pedalboard.jpg (187.96 KiB) Viewed 193514 times

I've been using right angle RCA jacks on my Cioks PSU to run my pedal power lines. The ones I've used have been from clubhouse. He had them left over from board rebuilds from years ago and has run out. Between us we can't find another NZ supply.

Does anyone here know of a NZ supplier or is the solution an online (Mouser, Element, RS) supplier? Thanks

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Can't help you Dude, but welcome!
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

The Dude wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:29 pm Hi. I've followed the forum for a while but figured I would ask around for some help by way of introducing myself. I've been finally formalising my pedals on a board with the help of another member here (clubhouse) and he suggested I ask you guys for help with a little problem I've hit. Here's my board to date

pedalboard.jpg

I've been using right angle RCA jacks on my Cioks PSU to run my pedal power lines. The ones I've used have been from clubhouse. He had them left over from board rebuilds from years ago and has run out. Between us we can't find another NZ supply.

Does anyone here know of a NZ supplier or is the solution an online (Mouser, Element, RS) supplier? Thanks
Hey man, welcome to the forum... And sick pedalboard 😎👍

The Dude
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by The Dude »

Thanks for the welcomes. I’ve yet to make a riser for the back row of pedals (Fulltone Supa Trem, Red Panda Tensor, Boss DD-8, Klinger Fuzz) but that’s in limbo a bit until I can sort some more RA RCA jacks for power. It’s all good fun though. Learning lots along the way. Soldering and heat shrink are cool :)

Another thing. Is it ok to chain the power supplies for digital pedals together or do they need individually isolated supplies for each pedal?

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

The Dude wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:57 pm Thanks for the welcomes. I’ve yet to make a riser for the back row of pedals (Fulltone Supa Trem, Red Panda Tensor, Boss DD-8, Klinger Fuzz) but that’s in limbo a bit until I can sort some more RA RCA jacks for power. It’s all good fun though. Learning lots along the way. Soldering and heat shrink are cool :)

Another thing. Is it ok to chain the power supplies for digital pedals together or do they need individually isolated supplies for each pedal?
Welcome to the forum. Regarding daisy chaining... it depends on the current draw of each individual pedal in the chain. Make sure the combined pedal current draw doesn't exceed the output of the power supply. :-)
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

The dude abides.

I have run a mix of daisy chains and single cables from an isolated supply for many years, as Danny said it comes down to current draw on each output, but also some pedals will just get noisy on a daisy chain and need their own output, also in rare cases you might have a pedal with +ve ground like some fuzzes which require an isolated output of their own.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 252 times

Post by Miza »

Nice board Dude; really pulls the room together.

I can't help with RA plugs, but I've made my own cables for my Cioks DC10 from old audio cables. Easy enough, just need to remember the Cioks outputs are centre + and (most) pedals are centre - so you need to flip the cable when you join it up.

Looks like straight RCA plugs would still fit? Or would that ruin the aesthetics?
Nothing to see here.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

BOTH Source Audio Eqs, wow that's a first!

Welcome our Dude, we abide. Well that's just, like, your pedlaboard, man.

hercules
Squier
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by hercules »

Made a few tweaks. The Benson fuzz is still on there but currently for sale...after last night, though, I am having some second thoughts.

Signal chain:
Fasel Wah > Benson Germanium Fuzz > ES8 > Bondi Sick As > Drybell Vibe Machine > Benson Germanium Boost > Origin Cali76 > JAM Harmonious Monk > Memory Lane > Volante > Walrus Slö > MTL Count to 5 > Mesa Mark V.
IMG_4670.jpg
IMG_4670.jpg (2 MiB) Viewed 193301 times

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

Miza wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:09 am Nice board Dude; really pulls the room together.
This is wonderful.