Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

TmcB
I may have a problem
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by TmcB »

Jops wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:50 am Current iteration. Always seem to be changing the no2 position in my drives, never satisfied.

20220924_073441.jpg
What’s that 1981 like? I keep thinking of Vero boarding it
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Jon, you should borrow the Strymon Sunset for a while. It's so versatile.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Jops
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Jops »

Strymon is to effects as ibanez is to guitars :winky:

1981 is very good. I have a pettyjohn rous too which is very similar but the rous keeps the rat graininess. 1981 is smooth as butter.

The goal of this board build is to be lcd screen free and still usable without a switcher or midi.

Pvt. Ryan
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Pvt. Ryan »

Mako Series ACS1 & D1, Empress Heavy.
Attachments
duo2_acs1_d1_heavy.jpg
duo2_acs1_d1_heavy.jpg (243.37 KiB) Viewed 15902 times

Pvt. Ryan
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Pvt. Ryan »

One Control Xenagama Tail Loop MKIII
Just arrived today.
Attachments
IMG_2022-10-07_01.jpg
IMG_2022-10-07_01.jpg (145.98 KiB) Viewed 15639 times

The Dude
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by The Dude »

...and finished! Well, nearly. The angled RCA jacks arrived from Mouser so it's all wired up (power and audio), velcroed down and trouble-shot. And it all works! :D My very first pedal-board.

I thought I'd share photos as you guys helped out a bit. Thanks for the pointers, advice and encouragement :clap:

Pedal board in case.jpg
Pedal board in case.jpg (5.17 MiB) Viewed 15197 times

Pedal board on case.jpg
Pedal board on case.jpg (4.29 MiB) Viewed 15197 times

Signal path: I made up a small input box (under the polytune) so I can jack in/out without wearing out/breaking the polytune audio socket.
Input box > polytune > SA170 (guitar level balancer [P90s vs filtertrons], clean boost, global eq opt, line driver) > EQ2 ( eq presets over od section in loop pre and/or post, eq'ed clean boost) > loop send to Black Box > Timmy > loop return to EQ2 > Emperor > Supa Trem > Tensor > Polara > Buzz Fuzz > Volante > Dandelion > Slotva > Output box to amp/side-car effects.

There's a power cable extension that's loosely bundled to power any side-car effect(s) or as redundancy in a live jam screw up. Cioks is just idling. Heaps in reserve.

I had a temporary screw up in powering the Klinger Buzz Fuzz. It's 9VDC, pin -ve but because of the germaniums, the enclosure is + earth. I didn't know that about those old fuzz pedals (it's a clone of the Burns Buzzaround) and had previously been using a battery so never had a problem. I was trying to chain all my analogue pedals, including the Buzz Fuzz, off the same daisy chain on the 800mA outlet from the Cioks. Bad buzz for the Buzz Fuzz!!! As soon as I powered that one up on the daisy chain, the Cioks meter LEDS spiked! On a repeat to see what was going on, the battery clip touched the enclosure and sparked! Finally figured out that it liked to party alone so it now has it's own, isolated outlet. Phew!

The Dandelion came from Jelly Belly (thanks!) and SA170 came courtesy of clubhouse by way of Mattallica (thanks!). The Snouse BB and the Timmy are on loan from clubhouse until I make up my mind on the gain section. Leaning toward maybe a compact pedal collab with a MXR Timmy > Nordland ODR-CC+ > MXR DoT, if they'll fit in my 2 pedal space. I like progressing light to heavy overdrives for stacking or underdriving flexibilty.

The space in between the Polara and Volante is for a DD-8, in time.

The board was made to fit the case which was an old lighting display rig. Thanks again to clubhouse. It's all rock solid if not a bit weighty but it beats my old bowling bag :lol:

Attention turns to my amp now and then I have to learn to use all this stuff. FUN :thumbup:

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Post by Starfire »

Cool board. I have a Polara on the way for getting my shoegaze on.

The Dude
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by The Dude »

Starfire wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:59 pm Cool board. I have a Polara on the way for getting my shoegaze on.
Thanks for all the likes guys :thumbup:

The Polara is great! Lexicon reverb algos are sick. You're going to love it :clap:

I just noticed your avatar. Nice JM! I really like the colour. What colour is it? Any chance of a pic? I'd like to have a Jag in that colour one day.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Anyone chained a Strymon Ojai AND Zuma together off the same outlet? Did it work out?

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

MogwaiBoy wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:18 pm Anyone chained a Strymon Ojai AND Zuma together off the same outlet? Did it work out?
Do you mean use the 24v outlet from the Zuma to power the Ojai? I have done that, and it worked fine (they are designed to do that).
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

The Dude wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:52 pm ...and finished! Well, nearly. The angled RCA jacks arrived from Mouser so it's all wired up (power and audio), velcroed down and trouble-shot. And it all works! :D My very first pedal-board.

I thought I'd share photos as you guys helped out a bit. Thanks for the pointers, advice and encouragement :clap:
Pedal board in case.jpg
Pedal board on case.jpg
Bloody Hell; you guys with your impeccable pedalboards! I'm getting insecure. At least I can draw comfort from the fact I can swap out or add a pedal in 15 seconds.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Here’s my bass board, the heavy metal will go once my auto Wah arrives :-)
Attachments
B8E0903C-67E2-41C3-A7A7-E20DFC6BFE37.jpeg
B8E0903C-67E2-41C3-A7A7-E20DFC6BFE37.jpeg (5.37 MiB) Viewed 14760 times
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:11 am Here’s my bass board, the heavy metal will go once my auto Wah arrives :-)
Flash tuner bro!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Cdog wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:39 am
jeremyb wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:11 am Here’s my bass board, the heavy metal will go once my auto Wah arrives :-)
Flash tuner bro!
It offsets the cheapness of everything else on there :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Conway wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:04 pm
MogwaiBoy wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:18 pm Anyone chained a Strymon Ojai AND Zuma together off the same outlet? Did it work out?
Do you mean use the 24v outlet from the Zuma to power the Ojai? I have done that, and it worked fine (they are designed to do that).
Yeah, that! : )